Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone stolen before delivery

AndrewElp
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

2 weeks ago today I upgraded my contract and ordered a new Samsung S20 Ultra. It was apparently immediately despatched and due for next day delivery. The following day (Saturday) I was at home all day and at around midday got a text to say the DPD driver couldn't deliver as I wasn't at home....even though I was..

Delivery was rescheduled for the next day (Sunday) and this time I got a call from the driver to say he was outside. I went down and the package was left (along with another package I was expecting) outside the front door. The box didn't look damaged or tampered with, and I opened it with the pull-tab thing. 

Inside the box was a cheap waterproof (see photo), and no phone. View recent photos.png

I've spoken to Vodafone over the phone and was promised a call back within 48hrs, which never happened. Contacted them via Twitter and told they would investigate and get back to me within 48 hrs, which they didn't. I followed up with them and they said "They investigated and found that the order was systematically dispatched correctly on our side. As for the speaker you received - we found that this isn't something we stock in any of our warehouses". They went on to say they were escalating this further and were contacting DPD - they were to get back to me within 5 days, which as you can probably guess, they didn't. 

On day 6 I chased them again for an updates. The response I got was "I've checked and there's no update on this. Due to the nature of this case it's best if we escalate it to a higher complaints department. That way you'll have your own case handler that can investigate it more closely. You'll hear from them within 3 working days". That was 4 days ago. Now they aren't responding to me at all. Anyone have a direct number or something for their complaints team?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware there is a direct number for the team and and an address in Help-and-information/complaints. 

Call us* to speak to our dedicated complaints team on 0333 3040 441

Write to us at Customer Relations Manager, Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN ”

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

wiqu90
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,
Could you tell me what's happened since your post please? Just because I had something similar problem they stole my phone from the phone box. I appreciate your answer. 

On 26/8/2021 I upgraded my contract and ordered a new Samsung S21 Ultra. The following day the phone was delivered to the Concierge of my building, which is an office building. The parcel was delivered to me a few minutes later and, from the weight of the package, I immediately understood that the box was empty. I noticed that the bottom of the box was actually open and crushed inside. As you could see inside the box, it was not even necessary to pull the tab to open it.

I immediately contacted DPD to get the driver back and return the empty box but, after a few minutes over the phone, they advised me to report the issue to Vodafone (which I did calling the 191, which in turn sent me a text with a link to a chat where I reported the problem to an advisor).

The box was not in a bag nor was it protected by an outer casing or wrapping. There was no protection tape and the bottom of the boxed was not even glued.

Although Vodafone told me on 27/8 that they would investigate and let them know in 48 hours, the first call received from Vodafone was only on 20/9, 24 days after having raised the issue. In the meantime, I had to continually chase them with chat messages and, later, with telephone calls with the Complaint number. So far, I spent a total of 5 hours and 20 minutes over the phone/chat with Vodafone and all they can offer for my missing phone is £150.

Vodafone does not take any responsibility for the missing phone or for arranging a delivery of a box that was lacking any kind of protection. DPD also denies any wrongdoing even if the CCTV footages of the delivery, provided by the company that manages my building and forwarded to Vodafone, show that the bottom of the box is open when the driver delivers the parcel.

I obviously declined Vodafone’s offer of £150 and my case is now with a Deadlock reviewer. I was told that this review will take another 14 to 21 days. In the meantime I will need to keep paying for my new phone without having it. I have been a Vodafone customer for over 10 years, the missing phone refers to my 5th upgrade. 

Could anyone that has had a similar issue tell me how Vodafone handled the complaint and which was the final outcome?

Box 2.jpg

Box 4.jpg

Box 1.jpg

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @fdetomasi 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what's been happening. I'm very sorry to hear you've not had the best experience with this. I can understand your frustration. 

As your complaint is already at the highest point of escalation, the Deadlock team, we'll need to wait for the outcome from them. 
They may offer a different resolution or they may offer the same one. If you're unhappy with the final resolution offered by the Deadlock team, you'd then be able to take your case to the Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS). They'll complete and independent review. You can see more information about this online

The Deadlock team will discuss this in more detail with you. 

Ordered an upgrade. Should have been delivered by DPD last Wednesday. I was home, no-one came to the door, rang the doorbell, or triggered my camera. I was watching for a DPD van so was shocked to get a message saying “sorry we missed you”. Driver must have been in an unmarked van and sat quite far from my house to take a picture of it. Found that suspicious. The following day a different driver delivered the package. When I got it in the house I could see it had been tampered with. No bag. Side partially opened. Bag of rice inside. 
Immediately got on to Vodafone via chat and was told a form had been completed and they’d be in touch within 48hours. I asked them to email me, they didn’t. I calculated the 48 hours (skipping the weekend) and got back on chat after not receiving any contact. I was told that they wouldn’t have even started looking at it until the day after I reported, not what I was told. Someone would be in touch. I messaged them a full 96 hours after reporting, more than double what they told me. I spent three hours in two chats. One got dropped because they’d not responded for so long and it didn’t seem to register me confirming I was still there. The amount of repetition was ridiculous… look at the messages, look at the account. Eventually got told they had to do another form to resolve it for me. That doesn’t mean it will be resolved, just that some might be in touch in six days this time. But I’m sceptical, and think I will have to initiate again. 
Real kicker is that I got a notification after my chat closed to say that the direct debit would be taken.
I am stunned at the lack of care, and scared that I too will end up paying for something that I never receive.

I will never use Vodafone again after this.