Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number transfer

amrit123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi my phone is currently attached to my moms account there are three numbers on there. I want mine to be separate with a new account, and the other two to remain on her original account. 

I spoke to live chat and they weren't that clear is it possible to do this via the transfer ownership page? I don't want the whole contract in my name just the one number.

24 REPLIES 24

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@amrit123 

From 》Can-I-transfer-my-number-and-contract-to-someone-else. 

Yes, both personal and business mobile numbers can be transferred to a different Vodafone Pay monthly account via a transfer of ownership. 

The transfer will take up to two working days for personal customers. We’ll let you know as soon as the transfer has taken place.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have successfully transferred over to Vodafone from a different network provider. I am wondering when does the contract start? My mom is with Vodafone and she signed a contract for me too. Therefore I have just transferred over, I have no mobile data or anything. 

I am wondering whether I should do something ? When will I get the data plan it says on the contract? Has my contract started? But I have no data, when I check my balance it says ‘NO APPLICATION’.

Hi @winniezhixin. It's disappointing to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your service. Generally speaking, when your number has transferred to Vodafone, you might lose service for around 20 minutes. You also might need to turn your phone on and off to complete the process. 

The switching process is usually smooth and goes to plan. However, if something does go wrong, we’re here to help. As we're unable to access your Vodafone account information via the Community, you will need to get in touch with our Customer Care team to proceed. You've mentioned that your mum signed and agreed to the contract, so if the account is in their name, they will need to get in touch with us on your behalf. Our team are available via social media, Live Chat or over the phone on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile (03333 040191 from any other UK phone - charges depend on the network provider).

I have asked the customer service to help me check whether there’s a problem with my data, they said everything seems to be working fine. They told me to reset network and everything but the data still doesn’t work. 

Temporary number still shows on my phone but I am receiving calls from my old number (the number I wanted). Is my iPhone broke or something?

Thank you for keeping us posted @winniezhixin. On your iPhone, please go to Settings > Phone > My Number > Delete whatever is in there currently (even if it's the correct number) > Fill in the correct phone number > Save > Restart your Phone.