main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay monthly

OTP sms

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi! No one has been able to help me with OTP (one-time passcode) for 3 months. I don't receive OTP sms from the Bank, hmrc, post office, screwfix, royal mail..etc .. Every time I call, you tell me, "we have seen what the problem is, now turn the phone off and on again and everything will work", but nothing , nothing works! I called a thousand times, but you always say the same song. I receive text messages only from "normal" numbers but from "service" numbers, nothing. I have been a vodafone italia customer for 15 years, but there, when I had a problem, it solved it in a few minutes, here, it is 3 months and still nothing. I am very disappointed with Vodafone UK. Have a nice day!

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chriss79 

There could be a number of reason the OTP's are not being received, the Forum Team will be able to access your account and investigate thoroughly to make sure there is nothing at network level to prevent the messages being received.  You can speak directly to the Team by following this link 

This may well be down to the security level set up by the bank and other organisation you are trying to receive the OTP from and they may not have your device and number as trusted and it may be worth contacting the companies through the Customer Service channels for help and advise.  You also need to make sure the number they are sending the OTP is stored as +44.

View more options
Highlighted

I have already spoken via chat and on the phone, and nobody has managed to solve this problem. Who else should I talk to ?! My number was from Vectone Mobile, I received the packcode and I switched to Vodafone, since I switched to Vodafone I no longer receive OTP sms. Clearer than that!!! The problem comes from you! it's you who blocked something! My number worked fine before moving on to Vodafone, then finished. The only solution is to close the contract with you and go to another network operator.

View more options
Highlighted

and not only that, my wife has the same problem! She has always moved from Vectone Mobile to Vodafone and she does not receive OTPs either. So in my opinion you have a problem.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chriss79 

I don't work for Vodafone and have only tried to point you in the right direction for contacting the Social Media Team for them to investigate more deeply than live chat would be able to do and are likely to have much more success, you only need to follow the link Ieft.  Don't forget the link to the thread in the direct message, the last thing you need is having to start repeating yourself when it is already explined on this thread.

If you don't want to contact the Social Media Team follow the complaints process here: Code of Practice - Complaints 

I hope you manage to get this sorted, quite understandly very annoying and frustrating. 

View more options