Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One number subscription on hold

mostak021088
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I recently cancelled my contract with virgin and moved to Vodafone. This was done online and I provided a PUK code in order to keep my number.

The switch over was fine and it occurred on the day I selected. I can make calls as usual and my number is the same. I then subscribed to the One number service in order to use my Galaxy Watch 4 classic 4G as a means of communication rather than always carrying my phone (Galaxy S21 ultra) around. 

All went well and suddenly at the end of the application process, I get notified that my order is on hold. I contacted Vodafone via online chat and the advisor said everything on my account was fine and that I had to wait up to 24 hours. Reason behind this was "it is first come, first serve basis". I ordered an esim as that is how One number works. So I do not understand why I have to wait and further to this, it has been over 24 hours. 

Please someone help me. This is really frustrating and every time I try to talk to someone via the chat service, they take forever to reply. 

Any such help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Good to hear all went well when you used your Pac to move networks @mostak021088

It maybe that Vodafone systems are still settling in with the port or Vodafone systems do have a process that needs to happen with Link >What-is-Vodafone-OneNumber-and-how-do-I-get-it. 

As this is going to need account access which isn't available via this forum you are either going to follow the advice given thus far and wait or check the status of the order via 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers Thank you for your reply. I'm going to give live chat another go and see what they say. Will update the community thereafter. 

Hello @mostak021088 - it's great to hear you've joined us! 

Vodafone OneNumber plans can take up to 24 hours - how did you get on with Live Chat? If you still need any help, please come and speak to our team on social media and we can check what's happening 😊 

I have spoken to an agent via online chat and he has looked into the matter and reported that there is no reason why the order should be on hold. He even asked me to wait so he can clarify with his supervisor. The agent then advised that this should have been completed within 24 hours and that he will pass it onto the the 'back-end' team. He asked me to confirm my email and that someone will contact me via email, phone or text within 24 hours. 

I was assured that the issue would be resolved within 24 hours of him reporting it to the 'back-end' team. I did reply that I was also made a similar reassurance that the order would be processed within 24 hours when I initially subscribed to One Number and that never came to fruition. However, the agent gave me his 'personal' reassurance this time. 

I will wait the suggested time-frame and will report back with whichever outcome is produced.

I am just really disappointed that an issue like this is happening and that it is not resolved within time-frames suggested. I hope this does not lead to losing trust in Vodafone as if so, I cannot continue with my SIM only contract (within 14 day cooling off period) as if an issue arises, it would not be resolved. Let's hope Vodafone can keep to their word. 

Fell for you. Im in a similar boat going on 3 days. However i managed to some how add two smartwatches and both of them now say on hold. again advice is to wait 24 hours and contact support again.

ill race you to the finish line!

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Xitwoundz and @mostak021088 - We really appreciate your ongoing patience with us while we resolve this. If you are still experiencing issues after the advised time frame please use the link provided above to contact us on social media so that we can escalate this for you.

When contacting us social media make sure to provide a link back to this forum thread, your forum username and mobile/account number so that you don't have to repeat yourself.

Hi all,

I thought I'd give an update. As suggested, I waited the 24 hour period where I was 'reassured' that the issue with my subscription being on hold will be rectified and I will be contacted. Unfortunately, this did not happen. No contact was made from Vodafone. I called this morning and spoke to an advisor who stated that they are sorry that this has happened and promised that they will look into it. As far as my experience goes with Vodafone, the number of promises made by Vodafone have never been fulfilled.

I asked for my PAC code and was transferred to another agent. He was part of the upgrade and retention team I believe. He asked why I wanted to leave, especially that I had only just taken out the SIM only contract. I explained the situation with the One number subscription and in fairness to him, he did say that he did not really know how One number worked and how to rectify the 'order on hold' issue. He very politely provided the PAC number and said if I would like to talk to the technical team just to see if they can help. I agreed. 

I then spent about 5 minutes explaining to the advisor the issue and she was very apologetic. She then said she does not know why the order is on hold and that it should not be. I was then advised that she can cancel the order and raise a new one. I asked what the chances are that the order won't be on hold again to which she replies "slim to none". If my order was placed on hold the first time, I am sure the "slim to none" statement has no value in reassuring me. I politely stated that I am in my 14 day cooling off period and that I moving to EE and hence why I asked for the PAC code.

Since then, I have transferred my services to EE who offer a similar service to using the Galaxy watch without the need to carry around my phone. My brother actually got an EE sim only contract last week and had managed to successfully connect his services to his watch. All he had to do was use his EE login details on the watch and then select a plan. And within 3 hours, his watch and phone were under the same number. 

I do not understand why it is so complicating for Vodafone and especially, why probably most staff including the technical team have not been trained on the issue of One number subscriptions being 'on hold'. I have lost my faith in Vodafone customer service and their ability to maintain their commitment to resolving customer issues. I will be paying EE an additional £3/month but this seems minor as I am getting the service I asked for without any issues and have not had to call EE once with an issue with my order. 

I hope anyone else who has a similar problem has it resolved. Also, if you are within your 14 day cooling off period, you may wish to consider alternatives before you are tied into a contract and have a hefty penalty to pay to leave. I consider myself lucky that I came across this issue now rather than later, as I would have been legally bound by a contract.

Thank you to all those tried to help. And good luck to anyone with a similar issue. 

Well done in leaving Vodafone wise decision. Been with them 11 years.  Bought a new Apple Watch 7.   One number on hold.  After 7 hours on chat and phone now at complaints. There  useless also.  

I will be chasing compensation as could have pit faded non cellular £100 cheaper and want out my contract early as Vodafone are not fit for purpose and not fulfilling part of service 

they are totally clueless.   Don’t spend time trying to sort 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @foxyuk13 - I've popped a reply to your previous post on the other thread here