Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying an old Vodafone bill off ?.

alexsunny123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have an old debt with Vodafone I need to pay off. I get nowhere whenever I ring customer services. I need to know if the debt has been passed on and if I can set up a payment plan. My account has been closed since 2016 and I was paying £5 a month up until January this year through a debt management plan which has since been closed down due to unforseen circumstances. Please can a Vodafone forum member or advisor help me as I get nowhere when I phone up? 

thanks

alexsunny

12 REPLIES 12

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

At this stage, the account will have been moved off the main system and the frontline customer services people won't be able to see it.   However, if you drop a note to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter, they can get you referred to Credit File Support, who will have all the details.   Once you've settled up, ask what they can do to update your credit record.

Hi, I have a similar issue, I have an old Vodafone debt on my Experian credit report and have tried calling and messaging the social media team Via Facebook but no one can seem to find the account. I even sent a screen shot picture of all the details on my Experian report for this debt and still no luck. I don’t know the old number or the account number either as it was 2016. I really need this sorted as am trying to get a mortgage and can’t because of this debt.  Thanks 

Hi @Patrickos, was the account that you had with us a consumer or business account? When you sent us a message on Facebook, did you include your Community username? Mark 

Hi @markD it’s was a consumer/ personal account from 2015, I don’t remember the email I used when signing the contract phone out or what the mobile number was. All the information I have is the information on my Experian report. I’ve called, and spoke to the social media team and no one can seem to find the account just want to pay it off as am trying to get a mortgage and can’t because of it. I can send over a screen shot of the information on my Experian report. If that helps. Many thanks Patrick 

@ markD no I didn’t include this user name as I only made this account yesterday afternoon to post on the forum for help. After I had tried all other options. 

Hi

.@MarkD

,it’s was a consumer/ personal account from 2015, I don’t remember the email I used when signing the contract phone out or what the mobile number was. All the information I have is the information on my Experian report. I’ve called, and spoke to the social media team and no one can seem to find the account just want to pay it off as am trying to get a mortgage and can’t because of it. I can send over a screen shot of the information on my Experian report. If that helps. Many thanks Patrick 

Thanks for getting back to us @Patrickos. We can't accept the report posted on the Community, however, we would love for you to send it in a private message on Facebook. We know that you said you've previously contacted on this channel, if you could include your Community username along with any previous postcodes that the account could be registered at, our team will do their best to find your account 👍

@MarkD I’ve already shared a screenshot of all the information on my Experian report with the social media team and my previous addresses And they still couldn’t help, they said they can’t find the account. 

On the Experian report that you sent over does it show any account or reference number? We know you've stated the account is an old account, but do you have any e-mails or postal letters that contain any other information such as order or SIM Card numbers? Mark