Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone not working in Greece

MI55
3: Seeker

Hi all.

I need advice and some confusion clearing up please.

Currently in Greece and upon landing I immediately received a text saying that I had hit my spend cap (had not done anything at this point and was still on the plane), however, on my account it says I can use 25gb of data in Greece.

Currently nothing works, no data, calls or texts and having to use hotel wifi to post this. I am connected to Vodafone Greece according to my phone screen and data roaming is on in phone settings. Rebooted a number of times too.

Any one have any advice please?

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

From the sound of things, you have exceeded the roaming spending cap @MI55 , 

I do hope you didn't use your phone on the plane, airlines are experts at advertising inflight calling and internet services, the problem is you would have been using the airlines network and this would have been very expensive.  Vodafone have the charges listed under more help here in flight calling 

To get this solved you can call Vodafone from any other phone from Greece on this number: +44 7836 191 191. Alternatively, you can message the Social Team by following this information Contact Us 

MI55

Hi @AnnS 

No, I was in airplane mode until we landed and the phone then connected immediately to Vodafone Greece.

Even if that was the case, surely wouldn't effect my included EU roaming, would it?

AnnS

Take a look at Spend Manger @MI55 here Spend Manager 

A lot depends on when you agreed the contract and the benefits you have.  See the roaming pages here: Roaming 

MI55

This contract was an upgrade which started in December 2022 @AnnS 

According to my account I get 25gb in 51 countries etc. My spend cap is zero but as roaming should be free it is irrelevant to the issue other than the message that I have exceeded it.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Change your Spend cap to £5 and it’ll work.

MI55

Hi @simax 

I will try that, thanks