Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof documents

Fazeela
3: Seeker

I've bought an iPhone with a 24 month contract on Vodafone through Carphone Warehouse on April 30/2021.

The iPhone has been stolen this month on Dec 9.

I complained to Police and informed Vodafone to provide me with a replacement SIM.

My insurance company wanted certain proof from the network provider that the phone has been blacklisted. Vodafone is refusing to blacklisting it stating it needs to be done by the third party. Both Apple and Carphone Warehouse have re-ensured me only the network provider can do this but after contacting dozens of times the customer support and requesting it now six times over the last 3 weeks I still haven't managed to get this resolved. I received a proof of usage document with wrong usage and incomplete information.

Has anyone been through the same? 

It's totally unacceptable - the lack of communication, clarity and support offered. Not to mention the fact I am paying for a contract I cannot use and I cannot get a replacement from my insurance company while this is not sorted. My friend lost her phone three months back. Her insurance company requested the same document. Her network provider was Lyca. She emailed them only once requesting the proof of usage and blacklisting. They blacklisted it and provided her all the proof with 5 working days.

Vodafone being an international company, I didn't expect them to treat their customers in this way. All we are requesting is to provide the service that we are paying for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

No worries @Fazeela 

On a side note if I may....

If you haven't already also try to lock and remote wipe the iPhone if you cannot find-my iPhone   anymore.

Erase a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Fazeela 

Firstly I appreciate how frustrating and upsetting it is to have a phone stolen from my own personal experience.

All our information is on these things let alone giving us the facility to be connected so then having to battle with the network to get the required information to be able to use the insurance to replace said phone only adds to the stress.

As you've come to realise from the correct information given by CPW only a network can blacklist a phone. A manufacturer can only blacklist under certain conditions to which I've only known Samsung be willing to do this.

An independent such as CPW can't. 

Apple simply won't engage with a customer over a network locked phone !

I also see from reading your post that you've already requested the proof of usage and this came back wrong.

I received a proof of usage document with wrong usage and incomplete information. "

Personally if this was my situation I'd raise a complaint via complaints/code-of-practice even though the Vodafone Social Media Team's help to look after customer escalations as raising the complaint creates a paper trail.

Then they have 8 weeks to resolve however I'd expect them resolving this much quicker.

Hopefully filling out the form and contacting the Vodafone Social Media Team's will resolve this already stressful situation. 

You can then involve the Communications Ombudsman if necessary. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Fazeela

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

I appreciate it. I have only 30 days to provide proof for the claim.

In that 30 days, already 10 days gone trying back and forth with Vodafone.

BandOfBrothers

If you haven't already it maybe beneficial to re contact your insurance company claim handler to let them know of the issues your experiencing with acquiring the documentation they require to validate your claim @Fazeela 

They might be able to assist or at least make a note on your open claim.

Current Phone  >

I think , I can do that. I need to contact my bank and let them know them about the issue.

They may assist me if possible.

Thank you.

BandOfBrothers

No worries @Fazeela 

On a side note if I may....

If you haven't already also try to lock and remote wipe the iPhone if you cannot find-my iPhone   anymore.

Erase a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com 

Current Phone  >

Apple put my phone on lost mode since I wasn't able to log in to my iCloud due to two factor authentication.

Thank you.

BandOfBrothers

That's good.

I appreciate the iPhone needs replacing so you can continue to use your Vodafone services but it's equally important to make sure no-one else can use it too, hence the blocks from Apple and the imei blacklist from Vodafone that needs to happen.

Please also be aware that Vodafone should send you a replacement sim card.

This sim card may not work at first due to Vodafone applying an account lock to stop unauthorised usage. 

Customer services can lift this bar when your ready.

Current Phone  >

I received my replacement SIM card. But, I haven't started using it since I am trying to get the proof of usage document.

Thank you.

BandOfBrothers

That's fair enough @Fazeela 

At least now when you do decide to use your replacement sim card and if it does not work i.e no service then at least you now know the route to get the bar lifted 

Current Phone  >