main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Question regarding torrenting

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm thinking about changing mobile operators from Three to Vodafone, however I wanted to find out if when using Vodafone's unlimited data plan, will I have my speeds capped when torrenting?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Hi @Samuel88 

If your referring to a hotspot and using your phone to tether another device to it then as far as I'm aware their is no cap or limit.

The data is yours to use.

This is a similar thread > Pay-monthly/Unlimited-Tethering.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Samuel88 

Vodafone does not restrict or throttle the network speed you are able to achieve.   The only way your speed is going to be reduced is bandwidth where a lot of people using the service.

You can monitor the speed you are getting in real time by downloading a speed indicator application to your phone.

View more options
2: Seeker

I'm not referring to tethering but torrenting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent_file

View more options

Hey @Samuel88, thanks for getting in touch. We wouldn't be able to comment on if your speeds would be affected, you might land on our Vodafone blocking page if you're trying to access things such as torrent websites though; just a heads up. 

View more options