Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Question regarding torrenting

Samuel88
2: Seeker

I'm thinking about changing mobile operators from Three to Vodafone, however I wanted to find out if when using Vodafone's unlimited data plan, will I have my speeds capped when torrenting?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Samuel88 

If your referring to a hotspot and using your phone to tether another device to it then as far as I'm aware their is no cap or limit.

The data is yours to use.

This is a similar thread > Pay-monthly/Unlimited-Tethering.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm not referring to tethering but torrenting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent_file

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Samuel88, thanks for getting in touch. We wouldn't be able to comment on if your speeds would be affected, you might land on our Vodafone blocking page if you're trying to access things such as torrent websites though; just a heads up. 

AnnS

Hi @Samuel88 

Vodafone does not restrict or throttle the network speed you are able to achieve.   The only way your speed is going to be reduced is bandwidth where a lot of people using the service.

You can monitor the speed you are getting in real time by downloading a speed indicator application to your phone.

Bikercaz

HI there, I do not have any issues with Torrenting but it will depend on your VPN.   Some VPNs do throttle when downloading torrents.   I use ZENMATE 5 and gives me most countries in the world.   Also has an option for streaming and another for torrenting.   Check it out and good luck.