Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Remove roaming bar whilst abroad

vegtable
4: Newbie

I checked my account and it appeared to not have roaming bars enabled. But I can't connect from Croatia. The app won't work as not on the vfe network. I have tried calling but it just sends me a text for bot - not useful if no network access. Tried using Tobi on mobile browser but that does appear to work. This is very frustrating, a mobile phone provider that you can't talk to... I really do need to get my number working (assuming it is a bar) as I need it for work and credit card authorization app. Please can an admin contact me and help me remove the bar from abroad asap.

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @vegtable, our social media team will be happy to check for any bars and run through some troubleshooting with you if everything is looking okay on your Vodafone account. Just send our team a message on Twitter or Facebook, when you do message us, please include your Community username or a link to this thread. The contact details can be found here

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

They can't access your account from the forum and help via your post here due to security protocols @vegtable 

Live Chat should be able to help or if your ok with waiting a short time try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

There maybe an issue with the network your latching to so perhaps try manually choosing another network in your phone's connection settings.

See if there are any network checkers online where you are to check the status of the local Network's. 

Also check the phone for any roaming settings.

If you can then try your sim card in another phone.

Vodafone UK can't guarantee that roaming will always work as they have no direct access to foreign networks.

Some people have resorted to using a local sim card if their phone is unlocked to all networks.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Trying with community support. Can't try SIM in another phone as it's an esim. I do have a physical Lebara SIM in my phone that works but does not help as services and authentications are tied to the vfe number...

We can see that the social media team has requested some account information, once this is verified, an adviser will respond to your latest message. You'll have to keep us updated with how you get on 🙂