Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Swap Farce

moorw003
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I'm writing because I am at the end of my tether with Vodafone.

About 2 weeks ago, my mobile phone broke. I have external insurance and in the process of having this sorted out. In the mean time, I went out and bought a Moto G73 sim free, with the intention of moving my numbers across. Because on Vodafone, i was using an eSim, I went into a store in Guildford and they said no problem. They got a blank sim, said they'd transfer the number across and I'm good to go in 1-24 hours.

2 weeks later and I don't have an active sim. I went back into the store after a couple of days, they said there seems to have been a problem,talk to customer service.

Every day since, I have gone onto the chat, they've investiaged, put me through to a "manager", promised my case is priority, and that it'll be resolved tomorrow. On Saturday, I was promised that it was now "top priority" and would definately be resolved within an hour. They even gave me an order number which stated open. Every day it wasn't fixed.

I got onto them this morning and said I've had enough, I want to leave, and they said no, the ticket number says it'll be fixed on the 27th April. Well 10 minutes ago that ticket turned from open to cancelled.

What can I do. I'm in contract, but have a technical problem they don't know how to fix, and everyday I'm spending 30-45 minutes being lied to by Vodafone agents saying don't worry. I'm so upset and angry

10 REPLIES 10

DDBKAHUNA
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm in the same position. Just get fobbed off being told to wait 24 hrs then nothing happens. Apparently the SIM swap can fail and then the other attempts get queued up behind it not going through.