Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim activation not working

Maheshgami
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

Im unbelievably frustrated with what’s happened. 

I lost my phone and sim on 9th December. I ordered a new sim after reporting it lost. 

Since then, I’ve been given two new sims and each time I’ve tried to activate them I keep getting an email back saying the sim is not associated with any number or account. I’ve contacted (wasted more than 8 hours) on chats and phone with Vodafone who keep assuring me it’ll start working but nothing. 

They have also tried to issue me with an esim but I receive no email from them with a qr code despite saying it’ll come within 24 hours. 

There are no bars or anything on my account

It's now been almost two weeks without phone services and no progress. What can I do I’m completely frustrated. How hard is it to send an active working sim to me

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds like there may still be a lost or stolen restriction on your account @Maheshgami  appreciate you have mentioned there are no bars.

The Social Team will help and get the SIM or eSIM online.  Drop the Social Team a message for account access  thread Twitter or Facebook social channels with a link to the thread here: Contact Us 

Thanks will chase up

I’ve been assured there’s no bar or block on the number or account after I reported it lost. 

wharfedale66
7: Helper
7: Helper

@Maheshgami wrote:

It's now been almost two weeks without phone services and no progress. What can I do I’m completely frustrated. How hard is it to send an active working sim to me

As @AnnS has stated already, certainly sounds like a the lost/stolen restriction may still be active.  Mind you, you would think an issue like this could be resolved far quicker than 2 weeks?  This is a very basic straight forward issue to resolve so I can only assume Vodafone have not lifted the restriction.  Hope you get it sorted asap 

Thank you.

I'm 2 hours away from the '24 hours' from e-sim activation and still have no email nor a QR code to activate this.

So that is now 2 sims and 2 e-sims that are not working.

I'm tempted for them to issue me a new sim with a new number and account and transfer over my tariff.