Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim swap not working

Menniej2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I lost my sim from my iPhone while swapping between my data only sim and normal contract voice/data sim. I called and asked for a new sim which I received the following day. I went on to voda simswap site and followed instructions for ‘cannot receive texts’ option and filled in form . Soon after I received email to say that the sim swap could not take place because the sim had not been ordered on my account. Called voda support and explained what had happened and also explained I could not use the ‘receive a text’ option as my origiginal sim associated with my original number was the issue, i.e. can’t work. The support person said there must have been a prob with the first sim, so another new sim was sent and received. Tried again going through manual sim swap form etc and exactly the same happened again ie email received saying sim swap cannot take place as sim was not ordered on account. I am now at my wits end and going round in circles. I have not had service for days and I’m losing business. Can you please help.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It could be that Vodafone applied an account bar on your account when you reported ut as lost @Menniej2 

Ask customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook to check that.

The Social Media Team's can help with account issues only by Social media and not via this forum.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Too many attended sim swaps can also look like fraud to Vodafone and also cause issues.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Menniej2 

You can't use a data only SIM for voice and text, it is a separate service and will need a different SIM, this well also need a different number.

From the sound of things you need a new voice and text contract and this will need to be taken up with Vodafone, contact Vodafone and they will be able to make the arrangements for the voice and text new contract.  You may well also need to cancel the data SIM contract if no longer needed.

Thank you but you misunderstand. This has nothing to do with my data sim which is working perfectly in my 3G router. The issue is my normal contract pay monthly voice and text SIM. Also I have checked with the support who confirm my account has not been locked or restricted. The issue is, vod keep sending me blank sims which I follow instructions to the letter, then the ‘system’ lets me down ie sim swap cannot take place because sim was not ordered on account which is something I have absolutely no control over . 

hrym

If you drop a note to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter, they'll be able to investigate for you.   It sounds as though someone needs to authenticate you and then activate the new SIM manually, which they should be able to do.

SIM activation has been tightned up lately due to instances of fraud and there's more security than there used to be.