Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky sports mobile tv app not working

Butley123
3: Seeker

My android phone has updated recently and ever since my sky sports mobile app hasn't been working just keeps saying check network coverage this is on WiFi and 4g it doesn't make sense I've deleted and reinstalled no luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Butley123

Hi guys I went into a Vodafone shop and simple fix was if you hold down on the app it says something like app info click on that find data storage and clear data and cache then re open the app it will still say check network coverage but if you leave it for roughly 30 secs it will start up it used to eb instant but for some reason it's now really slow but works fine once in the app hope this helps and we can all enjoy the big games cheers

View solution in original position

31 REPLIES 31

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This isn't good to see @Butley123. I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty using the Sky Sports app. Is it just this that you're experiencing problems with, or are any other apps affected?

I am having exactly the same problem, really annoying can't watch the football missing all the big games, how can this be resolved? 

This has been happening to me however I seem to have found a way to at least get the app working even though its not a full fix... 

When opening the first time the app says 'check network coverage'. If I come immediately back out of the app and go straight back in to it the message dissappears and the app begins to load. It takes a lifetime (up to 60 seconds🤣) to come on but at least this method gets it working in the meantime while they fix it.

Hope it works for you

Hi Mark, I recently signed up to my new Red Entertainment package with Vodafone and selected the sky sports mobile tv option. I downloaded the app as instructed but when I open it, the app says check network coverage. I have tried to restart my phone and deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

Please can you assist?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tmg07 @Saf1 Hi both, it's a shame your Sky Sports Mobile TV isn't currently working, but we'd be happy to help get you up and running 🙂

We'll need to access your account to do this, so please get in touch using the link in my private message

Also having the same issue on wifi (tried work home and partners) and 4g, uninstalled and reinstalled and still no joy, same message every time!

I have the same problem. I have tried reinstalling the app but it still doesn't work. I select I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone and nothing happens.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @andy_n, I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems getting your Sky Sports subscription working. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi, I am also having the same problem, not been able to watch sky sports for over a week now