main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Sky sports mobile tv app not working

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

My android phone has updated recently and ever since my sky sports mobile app hasn't been working just keeps saying check network coverage this is on WiFi and 4g it doesn't make sense I've deleted and reinstalled no luck

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi guys I went into a Vodafone shop and simple fix was if you hold down on the app it says something like app info click on that find data storage and clear data and cache then re open the app it will still say check network coverage but if you leave it for roughly 30 secs it will start up it used to eb instant but for some reason it's now really slow but works fine once in the app hope this helps and we can all enjoy the big games cheers ⚽

View more options
13 REPLIES

This isn't good to see @Butley123. I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty using the Sky Sports app. Is it just this that you're experiencing problems with, or are any other apps affected?

View more options

I am having exactly the same problem, really annoying can't watch the football missing all the big games, how can this be resolved? 

View more options

Hi Mark, I recently signed up to my new Red Entertainment package with Vodafone and selected the sky sports mobile tv option. I downloaded the app as instructed but when I open it, the app says check network coverage. I have tried to restart my phone and deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

Please can you assist?

View more options
Administrator

@Tmg07 @Saf1 Hi both, it's a shame your Sky Sports Mobile TV isn't currently working, but we'd be happy to help get you up and running 🙂

We'll need to access your account to do this, so please get in touch using the link in my private message

View more options
1: Seeker

Also having the same issue on wifi (tried work home and partners) and 4g, uninstalled and reinstalled and still no joy, same message every time!

View more options

I have been speaking to the Red entertainment technical team over the phone and they don't know why this is happening either. We have tried unsubscribing and then sending through the text again with the link to choose what package on the red entertainment offer then installing the app again but that still comes up with no network coverage message. The person on the phone said this issue probably somehting to do with Sky and will check with them and call me back and let me know....problems occur I guess but surprised that nobody knows anything about this and that somehting like an issue regardless of who's problem it is to fix can go on for this amount of time??? 

View more options
1: Seeker

This has been happening to me however I seem to have found a way to at least get the app working even though its not a full fix... 

When opening the first time the app says 'check network coverage'. If I come immediately back out of the app and go straight back in to it the message dissappears and the app begins to load. It takes a lifetime (up to 60 seconds🤣) to come on but at least this method gets it working in the meantime while they fix it.

Hope it works for you

View more options

Hi guys I went into a Vodafone shop and simple fix was if you hold down on the app it says something like app info click on that find data storage and clear data and cache then re open the app it will still say check network coverage but if you leave it for roughly 30 secs it will start up it used to eb instant but for some reason it's now really slow but works fine once in the app hope this helps and we can all enjoy the big games cheers ⚽

View more options

Thanks for the tip guys, I have tried this and I managed to get past the message and into the app.. But after selecting any of the channels we get in our package and pressing on the Vodafone customer option, it takes me to the sky customer log in bit... I guess I'm am still stuck :-(

View more options

Thanks for the help guys all working now. @saf I had the same issue but I just disconnected from the WiFi and pressed the button when it asks you to sign in for the Vodafone link. Then the confirmation is done via your vodafone signal. 

View more options

I'm glad to see you're able to access the Sky Sports app @Butley123 and your tip sounds like it's done the trick for @Tmg07.

Can you let us know if you're still experiencing difficulty accessing it @Saf1 and we'll be happy to take another look into this for you.

View more options

Yes still the same problem 

View more options
Administrator

@Saf1 I've just had a check of our inbox and I can't see a message from yourself. If you've previously been in contact using the private message I sent, please let us know your unique reference number - this looks like [#12233445]. 

If you didn't get in touch last time I sent the private message over, please do so this time so we're able to take a closer look into your Sky Sports Mobile TV issue 😊

View more options