Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switch to eSIM not available in MyAccount

redstamp1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have tried numerous times to find how to swap to an eSIM and nothing works - there is no "Swap to eSIM" option in MyVodafone on any page, so god knows why all instructions point to MyVodafone.  Robi doesn't work on my computer and I can't find a telephone number or way to chat, so resorting to using the community rather than customer services.  Does anyone know how to do this before I just goto my nearest O2 store and do a port out at the same time? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

So great this worked (thanks), but anyone got any idea why this page is normally hidden - I cannot navigate to it through MyAccount - just so I know so I'm not going mad...

simax
14: Advanced member

In the app, go to settings at the bottom right, then go to “Account”, then Sim Swap. ESim option is in there. Took me 2 minutes to find….

I don't use the app, I am on the PC version

simax

Ahh that will explain it. Any reason as to why you don’t use the app?

So that menu and options isn't available on the web browser versiuon of MyAccount?  Slightly odd as the eSIM pages on the open website send you to the web browser MyAccount login... is this a bug or pending feature?

No reason I don't use the app, except perhaps it clutters my device when I find it almost pointless, is probably hoovering up location data and other personal data I don't wish to share, it probably collects and uses network stats at my expense to improve Vodafone's network with permissions buried in 10 pages of font 3 text and I don't use the app enough to warrant it.

Well that was a god-awful experience - even once I'd found the hidden web-page in MyAccount, my SIM was down for days, never received the notifications, had to webchat (on a different browser eventually as chat doesn't work in Firefix with Strict privacy settings), and place another order once I'd told the agent what the EID was - clearly the automated process fails.  Had a mixture of texts and emails saying order had been received (different notifications and different notification channels used depending on ordering channel - strange system design).  Never received an order complete notification from either order or from either channel - eventually tried messing with device settings this morning (to "add a mobile device plan") after switching various SIMs on and off and eventually the handset sync'd with the network and grabbed the right details.  Word to the wise as I am no luddite - do not attempt this automated journey as it will likely fail!  I have bought another SIM from another provier in the meantime as I couldn't be without mobile data (although voice and SM replaced with WhatsApp), and will be continuing with that provider, providing their coverage checks out...

WelshPaul

eSIM's suck because of the way the networks issue them and I have no idea why people are so keen to switch to one. Even if you had been issued with one, had you lost or broken your phone you couldn't obtain another because you would have no way to obtain the two factor auth text required to login to your account! I hear someone at the back shouting call 191... Good luck with that!!! You'll be waiting 24 hours for days, weeks even.

simax

I’ve switched from physical sim to eSim and back again several times over the last 12 months and have never had any issues with it - it’s always worked within 5-10 minutes.