cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer Number/Account to Someone Else?

tonymc
4: Newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to transfer a number to a different person?

The reason for asking is that I have a monthly contract which is for my daughter. However, I now want her to take on the account but keep the same number, so is this possible?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @tonymc 

Please see here: Transfer of ownership 

Alternatively, call the Change of Ownership Team to give your authorisation, your Daughter will need to be present to accept the contract into her name, if this is not possible you will be given a password for your Daughter to quote when contacting Vodafone to accept the contract. This will be subject to your Daughter meeting the credit check criteria.  If all goes as it should do, the contract will be in your Daughters name from midnight the same day.

With Vodafone's 3 clear payment rule, if an upgrade is due it is recommended to agree the upgrade before the change of ownership.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @tonymc 

Please see here: Transfer of ownership 

Alternatively, call the Change of Ownership Team to give your authorisation, your Daughter will need to be present to accept the contract into her name, if this is not possible you will be given a password for your Daughter to quote when contacting Vodafone to accept the contract. This will be subject to your Daughter meeting the credit check criteria.  If all goes as it should do, the contract will be in your Daughters name from midnight the same day.

With Vodafone's 3 clear payment rule, if an upgrade is due it is recommended to agree the upgrade before the change of ownership.

Many thanks for the quick response - greatly appreciated.