Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer of phone No by PAC

mikechivers
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I transfer a No from a phone with suspended account - I have the PAC code but Vodaphone have advised that account needs to be active in order to effect the transfer - can I activate the old phone with a pay as you go??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mikechivers 

If this was a company phone and the PAC issued to the company, unless it was a corporate account, it sounds like the company needs to do a change of ownership to you from business to personal rather than it being done using a PAC.

I would suggest you contact your company, they will need to take this up with Vodafone and get the account back online for them to do the transfer.  

There have been problems like this before where for security reasons companies have refused to allow employees to retain the number.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

It's correct that a mobile number has to be active for Vodafone to create a Pac for you to give to a new network.

You would have to speak with customer services to ask if they'll consider this although they may not as I assume monies are owed and your trying to get round that to be able to continue using your number.

I feel that you would be asked to pay off any outstanding amount before they'll do this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This was a company phone. PAC was issued and is within validity period. Since issue, old account has been suspended. I am trying to port to a new phone, but Vodaphone are advising unable to port as old account needs to be active? There are no issues regarding account.

The account holder if not you then would need to liaise with customer service @mikechivers or the team here via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mikechivers 

If this was a company phone and the PAC issued to the company, unless it was a corporate account, it sounds like the company needs to do a change of ownership to you from business to personal rather than it being done using a PAC.

I would suggest you contact your company, they will need to take this up with Vodafone and get the account back online for them to do the transfer.  

There have been problems like this before where for security reasons companies have refused to allow employees to retain the number.

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @mikechivers 

If this was a company phone and the PAC issued to the company, unless it was a corporate account, it sounds like the company needs to do a change of ownership to you from business to personal rather than it being done using a PAC. short life

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Thanks for answering!

AnnS

Hi @mikechivers 

If the account was not active, Vodafone would have been unable to issue the PAC.

Just because you may owe money does not mean Vodafone can refuse to allow you to use a PAC, the PAC is valid for 30 days from receipt. Since you have the PAC providing it is still valid, give it to your new provider, if there are any issues these can be raised by your new network.

If there are problems with your Vodafone account these will need to be settled with Vodafone the last thing you want is any impact on your credit rating.