Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Advantage Discount Code not working

MikeS100
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have two vodafone mobile numbers that went out of contract in December. I currently receive the Vodafone Advantage Discount which is due to end on 13th March. I have applied for and received new vodafone advantage codes.  I have been trying to switch over to a 24 month sim only deal on both numbers but it will not accept the new codes, it says there is already another discount better than the vodafone advantage discount. If I log out and pretend to sign up as a new customer it accepts the code and applies the discount. Do I have to wait until the current discount runs out on 13th March before I can sign up for the new deal with the new discount?

I tried live chat but they have no idea, it's all self service now apparently.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @MikeS100 

Every time the you plan to change the contract the code has to be submitted before you purchase the new plans, the discount can't be applied after purchase.

SIM only contracts can come with a hidden discount or promotion, you need to make sure the new plans don't already have a discount or promotional extra.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am trying to apply the discount at the point of purchase but it is not accepting the code. If I pretend to be a new customer then the discount code works on the sim only deal I want, so I know that plan is eligible, but if I sign in to my account and then try to purchase the same plan the code doesn't work

AnnS

If the main number plan is not discounted in any way @MikeS100 you should be able to add the Advantage discount, as far as the second number is concerned, Vodafone should give you 15% discount for the additional line, this may be worth more than the Advantage discount.

Have a word with the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook message here: Contact Us,

they will be able to check the plans and your account.

Thank you