Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Advantage code not arriving

Nichrome
4: Newbie

Hello,

I'm having hard times with Vodafone, maybe there's some at least half competent person on the forums as neither  live chat nor 191 seems to help.

I'm currently working for an employer that is registered for VA scheme.

The full story:

Excited about upcoming iphone 13 pro, I preorder it on Friday as that'd be my first iphone (thought to give it a try).

Upon doing my little finance spreadsheets (my spendings tracking) I check the contract details, and rather than 20% Vodafone Advantage discount, there's just 5GBP.

I call up 191 and ask about it and if it can be applied.

They said I have to cancel my order, apply for the code, and re-upgrade providing the code in the checkout. On that same call, I asked them to cancel my preorder. They said it'll be sorted out within 72 hours.

72 hours later I go on live chat, they apologise and what not, and say it'll be cancelled within 48 hours.

Here comes Friday, launch date of new iphones, and courier is meant to come around. They actually haven't as ETA was 14:20-15:20, but point 15:00 I see live tracker that courier is heading back to Depot in Cardiff (I'm in Bristol). Eventually it arrived next day on Saturday.

Well done Vodafone, in total I went through 2 phone calls and 2 live chats to cancel this preorder and giving you full 5 working days, just to receive it anyway. I brought it to local store and they returned/cancelled whole thing immediately without any hassle.

At the same time after I ended first call with 191, I applied for Vodafone Advantage code. Just work email didn't work, neither for myself nor colleagues, so I went the registration path by providing employer name, work email address and proof of employment.

5 working days later I call 191 and ask why I didn't get the code yet. They said there is something wrong with the system and will get back to me by Wednesday (today).

I went on live chat today, and I learnt 2 things:

1. "Customer service" employed in India are incompetent. I ask about the code, and they keep going on about that I already have the discount. Well no **** Sherlock, I need new code for the upgrade.

2. Whoever in Upgrades team I was transferred to, told me I cannot use the code on any iphone 13 as they all come with 5GBP discount and it cannot be overriden. Well, fine, but what if I want different phone? Why wasn't I told this when I called 191? [[silence]]

So:
Who do I contact to get the code sorted out? I no longer want any iphone, and I have an Android phone in my mind. But I need to get the code first regardless of what phone I want to upgrade to.

Thanks, and sorry for lengthy post.

29 REPLIES 29

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Nichrome 

There was a thread with a similar enquiry the other week with a reply from Vodafone here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/How-to-apply-Advantage-discount-after-sale/m-p/2694571#M...

Hope it helps.

Hi

It isn't similar at all.

My problem is that I am not receiving the code at all, which I need to apply during the upgrade process.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nichrome - I'm sorry to hear about the experience you're having getting your new phone sorted. 

You can request another code via the Vodafone Advantage page. You'll just need to pop your details in again and well send you another link to the online portal. 

I've done that already and code hasn't arrived. I wouldn't be contacting anyone if it'd simply work.

Hi @Nichrome 👋 I am sorry for the issues you are facing with this. We will need to raise this with the team that deal with adding the discounts to your account, as we don`t have account access here could you please contact our social team so we can look at this further, you can find out how to do this here

I do not have nor use FB/Twitter.

There are no issues adding discounts to my account, but there are getting the code.

I was called by customer service guy yesterday afternoon and he is chasing up with team internally and should hear back by Saturday.

I understand @Nichrome. Please let us know how you get on 😊

I didn't get called today by that customer assistant.

I'll be calling 191, but I can already see it going the wrong one considering how much BS I had to go through with V so far..

Called 191 few hours ago.

Supposedly I didn't provide enough evidence and it was just rejected, but supporting agent didn't get a clear answer or anything why and how.

I've provided them with my work email and employee ID number over the phone and they resubmitted my request. I should hear back by Tuesday/Wednesday.