main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Vodafone Advantage discount and useless support

sirgader
4: Newbie

I have upgraded the contract and applied the Advantage discount code - everything seemed fine until I received my first bill - it seems like the generic discount at a time was applied to my contract (which was lower) rather than an Advantage specific one. First-line support failed so I have escalated it .

Normally after the escalation, I was offered quality assistance and the issues were resolved - however on this occasion the person "assisting" me was completely useless - they literally kept reading the script they received and when I raised my concerns and comments they started reading this over and over again...

Firstly telling me, that I had to contact relevant team within 30 days from upgrading (they ignored the fact that I had a discount code that I provided during checkout - they also ignored the instructions I have showed them and insisted, that the discount cannot be applied through discount code and has to be via contacting the team - again ignoring the official manuals from Vodafone's website).
Secondly telling me, that nothing can be done as 30 days passed (d'oh - the discount code was applied at checkout and it seemed to have worked well).

I was wondering, if there is a slightest chance escalating my issue to someone, who will apply a pinch of common sense rather than blindly reading the script without even thinking what they are reading?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @sirgader 

When you apply for an Advantage discount it has to be against a non prediscounted plan.

This is going to need account access speak to the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook channels and they will help where they can. 

View more options
sirgader
4: Newbie

I am aware of that fully and I was advised, that the discount will be applied from the full price - which it didn't sadly. I will try to reach out over social media.

View more options