Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Advantage discount and useless support

sirgader
4: Newbie

I have upgraded the contract and applied the Advantage discount code - everything seemed fine until I received my first bill - it seems like the generic discount at a time was applied to my contract (which was lower) rather than an Advantage specific one. First-line support failed so I have escalated it .

Normally after the escalation, I was offered quality assistance and the issues were resolved - however on this occasion the person "assisting" me was completely useless - they literally kept reading the script they received and when I raised my concerns and comments they started reading this over and over again...

Firstly telling me, that I had to contact relevant team within 30 days from upgrading (they ignored the fact that I had a discount code that I provided during checkout - they also ignored the instructions I have showed them and insisted, that the discount cannot be applied through discount code and has to be via contacting the team - again ignoring the official manuals from Vodafone's website).
Secondly telling me, that nothing can be done as 30 days passed (d'oh - the discount code was applied at checkout and it seemed to have worked well).

I was wondering, if there is a slightest chance escalating my issue to someone, who will apply a pinch of common sense rather than blindly reading the script without even thinking what they are reading?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @sirgader 

When you apply for an Advantage discount it has to be against a non prediscounted plan.

This is going to need account access speak to the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook channels and they will help where they can. 

I am aware of that fully and I was advised, that the discount will be applied from the full price - which it didn't sadly. I will try to reach out over social media.