Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone app error 4300

carrsey2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ive been getting error 4300 when trying to access the my account option of the app since November 2019. I have contacted vodafone via phone and online chat to get this fixed but as of yet it still doesn't work. Vodafone has tried changing my email and password on numerous occasions and still nothing. I have deleted the app and reinstalled as advised by vodafone but not working, everytime i contact vodafone about this issue every Advisor goes through the same steps of changing password deleting app reinstalling  doing a cleanup on my account etc etc. Ive even been asked for a screenshot of the error (this was requested in December) which i sent them and as of yet no communication from vodafone saying what the problem is and how they are going to fix it. they are quick to take the direct debit each month but aren't quick to resolve any problems. VERY DISAPPOINTED

22 REPLIES 22

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We're working hard to resolve this @carrsey2. We've found there can be a number of reasons this error may be appearing. At the moment one workaround we have is for customers that have recently joined us - this would be removing and downloading the app.
If you haven't recently joined us and are still seeing this error, please be assured we're continuing to investigate this to implement a fix ASAP.

Still can't get in, constant phone calls, promises of calls back and nothing. A shambles, I've been loosing out on these perks now for 4 months!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Diesel811 Once this is back up and running, we'll let you know on the thread here. You then won't need to speak with our advisers on Live Chat and 191 during this time. We don't have a timescale but we're still working on resolving this ASAP.

garethr
12: Established

I've got the same issue with the app, and also the newer account functionality online (anywhere where you'll be sent a five digit alphanumeric OTP rather than the more usual six numbers). The older/legacy My Account functionality works fine - including the six digit numeric OTP, although if you navigate to the online store from your account - to take up an offer for example - then you're asked to reauthenticate (using the newer system) because the session hasn't correctly authenticated between systems - the browsers console log shows this with a series of debug messages and 400 errors. 
I'm assuming the app authenticates using the newer system hence why it's failing. 
So this isn't purely an app issue but a broader issue between separate authentication systems. 

I'd be happy to provide browser console logs of this along with screen grabs to the technical team if it helps. 

Up until probably a couple of months ago this wasn't an issue for me, so something has changed or broken. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @garethr, we're aware of both of the things you've mentioned here. Have you tried unistalling and re-installing the app recently, as fix for this went live not to long ago?

As far as the alphanumerical texts go, you should be able to resend until you get the six digit; in the meantime until we can get this fixed fully. 

garethr

@TJ wrote:

Hey @garethr, we're aware of both of the things you've mentioned here. Have you tried unistalling and re-installing the app recently, as fix for this went live not to long ago?

As far as the alphanumerical texts go, you should be able to resend until you get the six digit; in the meantime until we can get this fixed fully. 

Yep, uninstall and reinstall makes no difference. You've got two OTP auth systems in play here - one is the older system which sends a standard 6 digit OTP via text, the other appears to be the newer (and non industry standard I might add) system which requires a 5 digit OTP via text. The 5 digit alpha numeric system is totally different from the older 6 digit OTP's sent from the "My Account" area online.

I should point out the issue isn't device specific either - its account specific as my ipad won't let me into the Vodafone app at all because it hasn't got passed the initial authentication stage on first use. Same 4300 error.

I never had any issues getting into the app, or logging into the online store section of the website until relatively recently, so something account side has changed causing this.

If it helps with diagnosis, my account is a very old one, and was one of the ones caught up in the botched billing system migration a few years back. That took a good 6 months to resolve fully... :Horror_Face:

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@garethr With you still facing issues with the app following the fix we put in an update, we may need to take a closer look to get this fixed on an account level. Please can you send your details over to our team using one of the following contact methods?: 

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here 

Still waiting for this dam app to work. Been since December now, baby phone calls. Uninstalling and reinstalling count  oh Ed's times. Now today a text saying about loads of competitions and offers for me. Yet I can't access them .

error 4300 again and again and again 

This still seems to be an ongoing issue a year later. I can't log in with the app - get the 4300 error every time I enter the 5-digit code which comes. Any update?

uva553
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i got the same problem too, i call them same thing