Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wont fix their mistake

inferniangelus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

To cut a long story short...

end of 2019 i got my ex a contract in my name, we spilt up and i applied for a transfer of ownership to her, i was told it was successful (woop woop). little did i know they lied so when she stopped paying for the bill i got a nice £1000 bill added on to mine. 

i got in contact with vodafone and they said yea it was their mistake and they will fix it 

(ok sweet i thought, but boy was i wrong)

so after vodafone saying they will remove the balance from my account (countless times) they still havent

so cut to 2021 and the balance is still there im getting in contact with CEDR compalints to hopefully get this sorted 

morel of the story 

DONT GO WITH VODAFONE 

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @inferniangelus  you successfully completed the Change of Ownership but there is still the question of whether your ex accepted the contract into her name, this would also have been subject to the usual credit checks. If the Change of Ownership was fully completed with the contract transferred, you would have received a letter from Vodafone to let you know you have no further responsibility towards the contract with a final 0.00 bill. However, £1000 is a lot of money and this could well be termination charges. 

This would be one for the Social Team to do some investigation on your behalf, they will have all the necessary account access to find out what has happened and get this sorted for you.  Speak to the Social Team here: Contact the Social Team 

@anns. 

I was told by Vodafone online support that it was accepted and I don’t have to worry about it anymore. 

so to my knowledge it wasent my contract and was hers. 

I was also told by another person that they will fix it if I applied for another transfer of ownership to myslef. They would delete the account with the outstanding balance. And this again has not happened. 

vodafone say one thing. And do the opposite 

Not a great situation to be in and can appreciate why you would be frustrated with this especially with being potentially out of pocket for such a large amount of money @inferniangelus and after being told this was sorted and trusting that advice.

Personally if this was me I would escalate this to higher level Customer Relations via complaints 

Vodafone then have 8 weeks to bring about an amicable resolution or if not you can then involve the Communications Ombudsman.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers

I have escalated to them. And they don’t nothing. I now have to go thru a different company to try get it sorted. 

Had 8 weeks passed since you made the complaint via the same route I linked to ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No. I got a letter yesterday. Sent a complaint thru and now I Gota wait. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If you haven't already @inferniangelus, please do drop us a message as @AnnS has mentioned on Facebook or Twitter and our team will be able to investigate this further. We'll have access to the notes from what you were advised, can raise a complaint on the account and can complete a full investigation to ensure this is resolved for you. 

When messaging us on either channel, please include your Community username and a link to your post. This means you won't need to write your query out again and we can start our investigations straightaway.