Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can't I phone or txt to UK from abroad

Checkley
2: Seeker

Using a Huawei mobile. There are no locks or bars on. My local Vodafone shop is stumped and say it should work but here I am in Spain and it doesn't.  I can't phone internally or internationally, the same with txts. I get a mssg 'the number you have dialed has been restricted'. My mobile data works no bother. I am pay monthly. Getting a bit fed up of this after nearly 2 years of phone calls to Vodafone It section with no resolution. Any ideas anyone? 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Has this always been the case no matter what phone you insert your sim card in @Checkley  ?

Have you tried manually changing the network your roaming on ?

I'm sure your aware Vodafone UK can't guarantee everything will work for a person who is abroad and roaming from a network they have no control over.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries might be able to check things again at their side in relation to your account.

I wish all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Checkley

I have a plan which allows roaming to all EU countries taken out prior to Aug 2021. It also used to work about 2 years ago and then stopped suddenly. All bars are clear, checked by myself and my local Vodafone shop. My husbands sim card works in my phone for everything and his is the same plan as mine. My sim card doesn't work for txts or calls abroad in his phone. In the UK no problem, abroad, nothing

Checkley

I have a plan which allows roaming to all EU countries taken out prior to Aug 2021. It also used to work about 2 years ago and then stopped suddenly. All bars are clear, checked by myself and my local Vodafone shop.  I have a spend limit of €50 set. My husbands sim card works in my phone for everything and his is the same plan as mine. My sim card doesn't work for txts or calls abroad in his phone. In the UK no problem, abroad, nothing

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Checkley, I understand how important it is to have full use of your services, especially while you're abroad. I'd advise contacting us on social media via the link above provided by @BandOfBrothers. Make sure to include a link back this forum post and your mobile/account number so you don't have to repeat yourself.