Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Samsung Galaxy M31

FlipFlip
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My old Samsung J5 supported wifi calling but for some reason my brand new Samsung Galaxy M31 direct from Samsung does not. It is supported in other countries so I am really puzzled by what is going on.  I swapped from VOXI and paid more to get wifi calling.  Is there anything that can be done??

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

According to wi-fi-calling that model isn't showing as an eligible phone model but maybe added at any time so it's worth to keep checking @FlipFlip 

That said some phone's that are not in the list but can run the feature has been known to work. Perhaps run a forum search for similar threads and advice.

Ask the Vodafone Agent to send an OTA configuration for Calling Over Wi-Fi to see if that sparks the phone into life and check in your myvodafone settings that it's turned On if its available there.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @FlipFlip 

Although you purchased the phone direct from Samsung, there is no reason being unable to add WiFi calling to your account, the phone definitely supports the service.

Try texting CALLING to 97888, you will get a text back to let you know WiFi calling will be added to your account within 24 hours.  Also, follow these links: 

How do I set up WiFi calling? 

WiFi Calling 

Thank you for the advice, after a long session with a really helpful guy on the chat app they managed to configure wifi calling and it is working which is fantastic news.

Hi, I have the same issue with an M31 in that the settings are not there to turn WIFI calling on and it is not listed as a Vodafone supported phone. Can you please advise me how they were able to change this? 

Call Vodafone tech support and they should be able to make some changes their end which makes the option available.   You do need to make sure you have it on your tariff.  For instance it isn't available on VOXI tariffs.

Thanks. Did your phone already have the settings that made it possible to enable on your phone first i.e. was it just a network issue that they resolved? My M31 doesn't have the facility in Settings to enable WIFI calling...

Hi, the option wasn't available under settings but because the phone is modern and runs Android 10 I strongly suspected it should work, especially because there is a youtube video of an M31 with the option being set up in India!  I spent a while on live chat with the helpdesk who then passed me over to the more Technical Help Desk on chat and they "made some changes their end" which I think involved sending a digital config file across the network to the phone.  As if my magic the option was then available to choose and it worked!  As I said before you do need to check your tariff supports it.  Good Luck

Hi, Having now been round the houses with Technical, Samsung , vodafone, It would appear that WiFi calling on a Samsung M31 is available on other networks but not Vodafone BECAUSE THEY DONT SELL THIS MODEL. There is no other explanation. I would ask that all M31 owners contact Vodafone and if we can get enough support then they will send us the update necessary. They have the option to turn this facility on this handset but choose not to in the hopes you will buy from them. It is about time the customer was put FIRST as they claim.

thanks