Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wrong Number In Vodafone App After Sim Swap

jnichols4078
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After performing a Sim card swap for my monthly mobile plan, everything works fine - calls, texts, data, etc - but the number shown on the My Vodafone app for my plan is the number of the old Sim card (pre-swap). Like I said, everything works fine, but shouldn't the number in the app be the phone number of the new card not the old one? 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

By all means have a word with customer services on 191 / Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can sort this @jnichols4078 

However you may end up needing to set up a new Myvodafone using your new number and another email address and new password.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

You only mention the Application @jnichols4078 .  Does your online account show the correct number? If this is a new number on the same account, you should be able to continue using the same log in account details.  If the information is correct the Application will follow. Try uninstalling the Application and setting this up again from your phone with the correct number.  

If you have agreed a new contract, you would have needed to cancel the previous contract here: Cancel Account 

Drop the Social Team a message through Twitter or Facebook channels they will have the necessary account access and they will make sure the account is correct with the new number.

edited to add:  @jnichols4078 If you would like to keep the same number as you were previously using, this is easily done.  The quickest way is to port out the previous number to any other network on PAYG using a PAC,  when the number moves, repeat the process and port back in on the new contract, you will have the previous number on the account within 48 hours at the most.  You would then have no problems with the online account or Application.