Ask

Solution

Wrong Vodafone customer showing on my credit file

WrongInfo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone,

6 payments in arrears. (VODAFONE LTD GEMINI)"

I've noticed this on my credit file but I have never had a Vodaphone account. I've tried calling & speaking to an agent and he couldn't find my details by my full name, postcode or date of birth.

But when I gave the name, date of birth & address of the person showing on my credit file, they confirmed that there was an account which has gone into arrears. The Vodafone customer has a similar first name with slightly different spellings to mine. The date of birth is different, however the month & year of birth match. I moved out of the address for university in 2015 & the credit agreement was taken in 2017.

My gut feeling is the person moved to my previous address & used my first name, month & year of birth to get an agreement with Vodafone. But, dont Vodafone request for proof of ID when setting up an account?

To add insult to injury, when Equifax requested to take these details off, Vodafone has disagreed. Now every month this person does not settle this account, my credit score goes down. I have already sent an email where I got an automated reply that I will receive a reply in one weeks time. Now it is nearly one month & no reply yet.

I called the Vodafone UK fraud line on 07770999999 & they also confirmed that there is an account which the details does not match. I was asked to contact Equifax & ask them to contact Vodafone, which has already been done & I am going in circles.

As a final year medical student, I have scarified a lot, gone without food, no proper clothes, not partied or gone into debt with any company & maintained a clean credit report. But this is so frustrating as no one is willing to help to get these incorrect details out of my credit report. This is causing me so much anxiety & distress & this is affecting my final year studies.

Hope there is anyone out there or even if Vodafone UK will notice this post & resolve this soon.

Kind regards

Dilan

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@WrongInfo 

Complete and submit the form to report a mistake on this link Credit File , this will go straight through to the Credit File Support Team for investigation. There is also a form to report fraud, this seems appropriate in your case.

Thanks for the info. I did complete a fraud report one month ago. I got an automated reply from Vodafone that they will contact me in one weeks time. Still no contact. However, as advised I have done another fraud report to Vodafone just now. Hope Vodafone takes fraud seriously.

They have mentioned that they will contact me in 1 weeks time. 😂🤣😭Vodafone Fraud report.jpg

AnnS

Follow this up with a message to the Social Team by following this link @WrongInfo Contact Us , they will be able to make sure someone takes ownership of this for you.