Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

You have dialled an incorrect number

soziblewuup
2: Seeker

Hi, I've been on my current paym contract for well over a year. Recently, people have reported not being able to dial my number. Some can, some can't. Those that can't recieve the message 'you have dialled an incorrect number'. This appears to be increasing in frequency. Nothing wrong with missed payments etc. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

That's strange @soziblewuup  there was a thread similar to yours earlier this afternoon here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Unable-to-recieve-any-incoming-calls-on-my-no/m-p/2675689#M1...

Follow the same information in the thread.

BandOfBrothers

One of the first things I'd check would be any caller blocking facility in yours and the other person's phone's.

If that's not the issue then customer services on 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account @soziblewuup 

Also ask the other callers to perhaps have their accounts checked too.

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the phone and sim card that maybe at error.

A sim card can be swapped out in a Vodafone Highstreet Store if you take some ID or instead ask Vodafone Customer services to send you a Blank Sim card  to do the sim swap at home.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jasoningham

I had the same problem which took over three months to find out. The problem was a ‘Split Port’ when I ported my number across from the EE network to Vodafone. Calls from mobiles only on the EE network could not call me, but all text messages were fine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @soziblewuup I understand how frustrating this must be! There are a number of reasons this could be happening, but if you ported your number over to Vodafone, and the people trying to contact you are all on the same network, this would suggest a split-port issue as @jasoningham says. I'd recommend popping our brilliant social media team a message here, they'll be able to run some troubleshooting with you and can liaise with the Porting team if needed.

Thanks all for the responses. 

I've been able to put my sim card in another mobile and the issue persists.

Unfortunately, I only have access to one person who experiences the incorrect number dial tone. Interestingly they are on EE but could be a coincidence. I ported from Three. 

I will contact the support team through social media to see if they can investigate further. 

Appreciated.