Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

connections to this number is restricted on this phone when on 4G/LTE

aswilbourn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I recently went on holiday to Benidorm where my phone got stolen :Sad_face: I rang Vodafone and they put a bar on my number. I recieved a new replacment phone and SIM a couple of days ago and finally got it all up and running and activated yesterday and the bar was lifted from my number.

Yesterday I was able to make and recieve calls fine but today when I try to ring any number I get a message 'connections to this number is restricted on this phone'. I can however still recieve calls alright. I have contacted the technical teams several times today and they stated they could see no BARs or restrictions on my number anymore.

As a 'workaround' I was requested to change my network provider connection from 4G/LTE to 2G and this fixed the issue and I was able to make calls again however this isn't ideal as obviously 2G is alot slower. I thus have to manualy switch from 4G to 2G under network settings on my phone now everytime I want to make a call. :Sad_face:

For me then it looks like there is a restriction somewhere on my 4G connection which has been accidently reactivated but I'm hitting a brick wall with tech teams. Any help very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As I was just sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for Vodafone to reply to me, I decided to do a bit of investigating and managed to fix the issue myself 😊. I’ll post what I did below to help any others who have the same issue and prevent them from having to sit around for days waiting for Vodafone support:

• Select Services and Extras.
  • Select Calling Options
  • Change WIFI and 4G calling to OFF. This will prevent your phone using 4G (and WIFI) when you make a call.
  • Allow about 10 minutes for it to take effect.
  • Make a call and you should see that the 4G in the top right of your mobile screen changes to H showing its has switched to 3G to make the call. The call should connect.
  • End the call and you should see your phone has automatically switched back to 4G.
  • Select Services and Extras.
  • Select Calling Options
  • Change WIFI and 4G calling to ON.
  • Allow about 10 minutes for it to take effect.
  • Make a call and you should see that the 4G now remains and it will also connect!!! 😊

So, it basically looks like some sort of account refresh is needed on the 4G call setting which is performed by disabling it and then re-enabling it on your account. Hopefully this will help a lot of people who have this issue in future 😊

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

All sorted, she went into a store, they have her a replacement S10. Same problem though. They then requested an account reset, all working an hour later. 

If only they had done that in the first place...

Hello! You have no idea how helpful this has been! Had the same issue for a few days now, and contacted Vodafone today to try and resolve it. Spent around 3 hours talking to different assistants and no one really helped me with this. Thank you so much!