Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

number unknown, not recognised

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  my number starts 0744 ported from Sky who piggy back on O2, back in March 2013 during the floods in inverclyde yesterday(Saturday).  I get the bus and all bus services was cancelled,  my sister was coming down from work to get me,  she was stranded as well and had to walk to get me, I was also blocked in as I didn’t know where I was as not from there.  but when they(sister and a friend) was calling me,  all they was getting on my number “this number does not exist” so she had to call me via whatsapp/messenger. The exact same thing happened to me in June 2013 but refresh worked when I called up Vodaphone,  done all the troubleshooting in June e.g. reset network settings etc but only number refreshed then but when he done it again today, it never.

Sister is on EE, and my pal is on Virgin Media Mobile,  when sister called up EE,  EE told her there has been an issue with 0744 imported from o2/Sky for a while now, Vodafone told me they have had issues with numbers imported from Lebara mobile,  I would like to know if other people are experiencing this issue? if I never had messenger/whatsapp she wouldn’t be able contact me and I would be stranded.  Its only my sister and pal that have told me they not able to get through where others are getting through with no problem.  I’ve had this problem since March twice now,  I’m wondering whether to ask Vodafone for a new unimported number or just stick with this one?

thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

It really depends on how important that number is to you. 

Obviously you'd need to pass a new number onto everyone you know and any businesses / banks and work places. 

Personally if I'd been faced with such issues I would consider the change. 

Vodafone can do this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

I have a number that is being ported over today which starts 07950 and all day I have had a "number unknown, not recognised" message when calling it from any landline or mobile. I can receive texts, just not calls. Hopefully, it resolves itself by tomorrow, but I'm expecting problems as the number is being ported over from Lyca Mobile and the less said about them the better.

Hi @WelshPaul 👋 This certainly can sometimes happen during the day of your port in, the best thing I can advise is to keep the phone refreshed on the network with the odd restart. If this hasn't resolved itself by midnight, please get in touch with us via the details in this link and we can liaise with the porting team if needed 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @WelshPaul,. how did number porting go?

WelshPaul

It still hasn’t fully ported over. I can call out ok, I can send and receive SMS but I cannot receive inbound any calls. Callers hear a pre recorded message: "You've dialled an incorrect number. Please check the number and dial again.". My Vodafone online account still lists the Vodafone temporary number and displays no information other than error messages.

WelshPaul

You have what’s known as a split port @Anonymous and that is why you cannot receive calls from certain number ranges. Either some of the files were corrupted during the original porting process or Vodafone didn’t receive all of them. You need to raise this with the porting team, only they can fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WelshPaul, I ended up changing my number completely for a new one.

WelshPaul

I wouldn’t have done that. It’s a simple fix for the porting team! It’s just a case of getting past the clueless customer service advisor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,  @WelshPaul,. I totally lost confidence in the number since I got stranded last week in the Greenock floods.  if I kept number,  I would probably have called it several times a day just to make sure it was received calls ok.  but feel better now that I have a new, un-ported number from another network.