Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get Samsung master phone unlock code

mcmck
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Phone unlock code sent by Vodafone didn't work on Samsung Note 8. Vodafone say they asking Samsung for master code - that will take days and days !? I need my device to access banking app on the phone!!

How can I speed this up?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This isn't the experience that you should be having when requesting the Master Code @badgerbadger. Please be assured that we've fed back the process and are currently looking into ways this can be improved.

So that we can get your phone unlocked for you, please send our team a message over Facebook or Twitter. Please include your Community username and a link to your post - this will save you some time as you won't need to repeat what's happened.

Once we have your details and securely accessed your account, we'll be able to request for the Master Code from Samsung and will also be able to feedback the experience you've had when speaking to different advisers. This will allow us to ensure that our customers don't receive the same misinformation.

@Tash wrote:

This isn't the experience that you should be having when requesting the Master Code @badgerbadger. Please be assured that we've fed back the process and are currently looking into ways this can be improved.

So that we can get your phone unlocked for you, please send our team a message over Facebook or Twitter. Please include your Community username and a link to your post - this will save you some time as you won't need to repeat what's happened.

Once we have your details and securely accessed your account, we'll be able to request for the Master Code from Samsung and will also be able to feedback the experience you've had when speaking to different advisers. This will allow us to ensure that our customers don't receive the same misinformation.

Hi,

I too am experiencing the same problem.

The latest response I have received is;

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. Unfortunately, we can’t do this at the moment because your request has not met all of the required criteria.

All requests must have met the following criteria:

·       The device has been used on the Vodafone UK network

·       The device has been used with a Vodafone SIM for at least 30 days

·       The device is not blacklisted, or reported as lost/stolen

·       Pay Monthly customers have paid at least 3 months’ of bills, and the account has no outstanding balance

·       An NUC hasn’t been requested for the device more than 3 times in the last 12 months

I have been given 4 separate codes PUKs and NUCs which have all been unsuccessful. I followed your advice and asked for a master code but was advised that they or their manager had not heard of this.

Please can you help? 

Thanks in advance :Smiling:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We can definitely help with getting your phone unlocked @KazS. As we'll need to access your account to help, please send our team a message over on Facebook or Twitter with your Community username. This means you then won't need to repeat yourself.

What happended in the end please?

Seems that Vodafone give customers the run around, and then at the end of it send them to facebook/twitter.

Did they provide you with the MCK Code that you requested?

Hi,

Yes they emailed me the MCK (master code).

I input this first to unfreeze it followed by the NUC code and voila! 😁 

Hi Tash,

I am having a similar problem. Please can you assist?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Natasham92 We'd be happy to get this chased with you. To get started, please pop our Social Media team a message here 

Unfortunately I had a similar string of incorrect and time wasting chat conversations with several advisors. They do not seem capable of dealing with answering the simple questions and providing guidance. I was told i need to contact my new SIM provider, Samsung the manufacturer of the phone and also providec with a contact email address for stolenphones, though my phone was not stolen. Poor customer service from this major service provider. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Softcell, it's unfortunate to hear the experience you've had regarding your master unlock code. I'd like to turn this around for you today, if you are still having issues getting your phone unlocked please can you drop us a message on social media?

Make sure to include your make and model of device, IMEI number and any NUC codes you have been given before.