Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Master code

Dutchy1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying to unlock my phone to use with another SIM Network. I have entered various codes PuK, NUC etc, having read other posts it appears i need a Master Code for my handset from Vodafone. How do i get this as no one appears to know what a master Code is?

Many thanks

56 REPLIES 56

Could someone help me with this please? My phone has been locked for about 2 months now!

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hjod!

To request an NUC if you haven't already, please click here to fill in the form via the website.

If you've received an NUC that hasn't worked, please click here to speak to an agent via social media who can request either an alternate NUC or a MUC (Master Unlock Code) from the manufacturers. This can take up to 10 working days to process 

Hope this helps 😊

Hi I have same problem with Samsung Note 8. Emailed nuc resolutions but just get automated response about NUC. I have NUC but require master code first.  I just want to make sure that vodafone are directing my query to the right place. Email ref.[#19933829].

Can you assure me a master code will be provided?

Thanks

I'm having same issue here with my s8 , keep going in circles and it seems that the support team don't know the answer,  they keep giving me puk code for the sim card rather then finding out what I need. Samsung said is network lock and is nothing they can do to help. Looks like it Vodafone does this on purpose so people can't leave the network. 

Spoken to about 5 different people at Vodafone and they say be assured we will sort this out then 30 mins later they say they have to transfer to another department who deals with this.  

Any help on this would be much appreciated..

Same issue with me - vodafone don't seem to understand i need a master code from samsung. So frustrating. Did you get a resolve?

@GrainneMcBride wrote:

Same issue with me - vodafone don't seem to understand i need a master code from samsung. So frustrating. Did you get a resolve?

Not yet, will update once I get a reply. 

Hi Everyone

Sorry I meant to write sooner but I have been working away and just not had time.

However, just to let you know that I did eventually get a master code from Vodafone and was successfully able to transfer to another service provider.  

It was so frustrating and took nearly 4 weeks to get the correct number but please don't give up or pay out for third parties as Vodafone can get these numbers for you.

I just kept sending emails to the NU Resolutions team, phoning and talking to the Online Support team every day and eventually it did come through.....

Hope you all get your master codes soon.

Good luck!

Debs

Thanks so much for your reply - sounds like there might be light at the end of the tunnel!!! Waiting 4 weeks is unacceptable...i wish vodafone would get their act together.

I am on the 5th week of waiting for a Mastercode unlock code. It is just crazy. How can it take so long. 

I have written complaint online and on paper, have a customer relations number but still not winning. Nice to read yours for some light at the end of the tunnel

After 3 failed conversations with Vodafone I had already got my master code from elsewhere (had already got it before Vodafone responded to me here unfortunately.

Good news is - it worked!

I confirm that the Master code - also known as an MSK code or an Unfreeze code is what you need.

You input it first then it says "network unlock failed" THEN you enter the network unlock (NUK) code.

So ask Voda for the MSK / Master / Unfreeze code!

Good luck everyone!