Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 130 NUC Code Error

zhzaidi14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was provided the NUC code from Vodafone for my Nokia 130 handset but I am receiving error message when I try to unlock the phone. 

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Are you trying with a non Vodafone Sim card that is activated  i.e comments to mobile data etc @zhzaidi14 

There is existing threads on the forum which are accessible via a forum search that give more info in regards to unlocking a Nokia as some models require further codes.

One is Nokia-6300-Unlock. 

Customer services on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check if the Nuc is correct.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you. But unfortunately still didn't resolved my query. The phone model is Nokia 130. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zhzaidi14 How odd! If possible, would you be able to pop an image of the error message you're getting in this thread so we can take a closer look for you?

Hi

This is a picture of the error message. Displayed on the phone

directorscomplaints Are aware of the issue and they are reaching out trying to find a solution. 

6BACAD98-651A-4F8B-A1CE-ABF50FCCAB92.jpeg

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's an odd message to have if it's in regards to an NUC @Fascinatingfact - Have you checked with your new Network provider that you don't need a PUK code instead? Does the SIM card work in other unlocked devices?

The sim works fine in other unlocked or o2 UK locked devices. 

Reached out to Nokia via chat and they stated that only the service provider can provide the unlock instructions. 

Other people have been having issues with unlocking their Vodafone UK SIM Locked Nokia 130 devices. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/phone-not-listed-for-unlocking-with-my-NUC-Nokia-TA-1019/m...

Normally Nokia HMD Global Oy SIM Locked devices are unlocked by inserting a non accepted SIM and entering the twenty digit unlock code into the phone. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for trying that @Fascinatingfact - We can look at getting this escalated to our NUC team, but we'd need to access your account to do this.

I would advise dropping us a message on social media with your full name, mobile/account number and IMEI of the device so that we can look into this 🔍

This matter is already in the hands of your complaints team. 

The problem is that these phones are still on sale. And unless proved otherwise there hard locked to Vodafone UK. 

Just an update on this issue. 

unfortunately directors complaints have stated that I need to contact HMD Global Oy and HMD Global Oy have stated I need to contact Vodafone (The service provider)

On numerous occasions I have asked Vodafone U.K. to contact HMD Global Oy to resolve the issue as the device will have been made to specifications set out by Vodafone U.K.  

it seems that director complaints are refusing to do this so the issue will be escalated to ADR. 

Ofcom will be notified about this case as in December 2021 it will be illegal to sell SIM locked  devices in the U.K.