Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nuc contract agreement

Rsmithy2020
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

so another nuc issue with Vodafone. So I've had a lot of practice in these mattered with t&c but I've been through nearly every single part of the vodaphone site and original email sent with the contract agreement. But no where dose it state a phone will be locked to the next work. 

Dose anyone know the correct document and section this can be found. 

currenty dealing with high level complaints that even didn't know!

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Each network has it's own internal policy on if they lock phones out of the box supplied directly by them @Rsmithy2020 

Not too long ago part of the T&C's of a contract was that a person shouldn't sell on their phone supplied by Vodafone for a specific timeframe and some networks wouldn't actually provide an unlock code until a certain timeframe has elapsed. This has now changed with Vodafone UK.

We are fellow customers here like you and typically Vodafone wouldn't comment on it's internal policy on what it does with it's phones they supply.

As @AnnS says ofcom are looking to get this changed and time will tell on that.

If your currently engaged with Vodafone Complaints then I assume you will need to pursue that to it's conclusion.

If you are experiencing issues with unlocking the phone may I ask what the issues you're experiencing are ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Hi @Rsmithy2020 

At this point in time, if you purchase a phone direct from the network it will come as locked, this is something Ofcom are going to be stopping and all phones will be sold as unlocked.  Until that happens, if you want an unlocked phone, you need to purchase direct from the manfacturer or through a third party such as Carphone Warehouse where all phones are sold as unlocked.

Fortunately, unlocking is free from the information here:  Get a network unlock code (NUC) 

Hi  @AnnS

thank you for getting back to me. I do understand this but I'm more looking for the part of my contract agreement that states this. As I'm taking the case up with CISAS as all Vodafone can say that the website states it but unable to show any statement within a contact or agreement 

BandOfBrothers

Each network has it's own internal policy on if they lock phones out of the box supplied directly by them @Rsmithy2020 

Not too long ago part of the T&C's of a contract was that a person shouldn't sell on their phone supplied by Vodafone for a specific timeframe and some networks wouldn't actually provide an unlock code until a certain timeframe has elapsed. This has now changed with Vodafone UK.

We are fellow customers here like you and typically Vodafone wouldn't comment on it's internal policy on what it does with it's phones they supply.

As @AnnS says ofcom are looking to get this changed and time will tell on that.

If your currently engaged with Vodafone Complaints then I assume you will need to pursue that to it's conclusion.

If you are experiencing issues with unlocking the phone may I ask what the issues you're experiencing are ?

Current Phone  >

So it's more an internal thing then. 🤔 amazing for the customer. So the quick story is I don't get a service in work with my phone and that's all I use it for so they have agreed to pay off the contract and get me a work sim. 

save them pennies haha. 

but there is not a balanace waiting to be paid but my work won't pay it till they have a full and final bill. As it wouldn't make business sense. 

@Rsmithy2020 wrote:

So it's more an internal thing then. 🤔 amazing for the customer. So the quick story is I don't get a service in work with my phone and that's all I use it for so they have agreed to pay off the contract and get me a work sim. 

save them pennies haha. 

but there is not a balanace waiting to be paid but my work won't pay it till they have a full and final bill. As it wouldn't make business sense. 

That's my understanding as a fellow customer @Rsmithy2020  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >