Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Permanently Locked Phone

ColeenMcLaren
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Please help!
A few weeks back I upgraded my phone, again staying with Vodafone, who I've been with for many years! I had said that my husband wanted my old phone [samsung galaxy s9 edge] ... so requested online from Vodafone the NUC Code to unlock my old phone, the code did not work and it seems the phone is locked permanently, after entering the Vodafone NUC code to many times? Is there any way to unlock this phone? Thank you 😊

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Some Samsung Phone's also need a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc which is available via the Vodafone Social Media Teams Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

However if a phone is Hardlocked as a result of too many rejected Nuc attempts then the phone will need sending away via a Vodafone Highstreet Store to have it's counter reset before any more unlocking attempts can be made.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store cannot do this in-house unfortunately @ColeenMcLaren 

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ColeenMcLaren It sounds like you need an MCK. If you pop our Social Media team a message here, we'll be happy to help you get this 😊

A few weeks back (21 Aug), moderator Jack (thanks Jack), helped put me in touch with the correct dept, via the Vodafone FB/Messenger platform.

I spoke with Ryan (22 Aug), who advised I needed a master code, and that he would request this for me. He signed off "Thanks Coleen,  I've sent the details over to our Network Unlock team and requested for a master code for you. It's important to note that it can take a maximum of 10 days, as our team will need to contact the manufacture for this code.  As soon as the code has been generated, we'll send you another email. If you have any other questions please give me a shout, Ryan"

I received an email on the 24 Aug, from the Vodafone Unlocking Team ... "
ALTERNATIVE UNLOCK CODE. Hello, 

You recently asked us to unlock your device, so you can use it on another network. We’re sorry to hear that the code we’ve given you isn’t working – we know this must be frustrating. To get things sorted, we’ll reconfirm your unlock code with the manufacturer and get back to you with an update as soon as we can. Thank you, Vodafone Unlocking Team. 

I have still not received the code? Can you help? Thank you, Coleen

Hi @ColeenMcLaren I am sorry that there seems to be a delay in you receiving this code, so we can chase this up for you can you contact us by clicking here, and we will be more than happy to look into this further with you.

Hi, I have still not received the MCK code yet, can you advise please what to do next? Initial correspondence sent 21st August, then again 11th September? Copy of Vodafone messenger chat attached.  Thanks 

20200929_122523.jpg

20200929_122702.jpg

If your issue's not been resolved yet @ColeenMcLaren, reply to our last message and we'll be happy to take another look into this for you 👀

Hi Mark, sadly no, the issue has still not been resolved.  Thank you 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really disappointed to hear it's not resolved yet @ColeenMcLaren - I've located your conversation but I'm not able to send you a message as a certain amount of time has passed since we last interacted on Facebook. If you could send a Facebook message to us, we'll be able to respond and get this sorted 👍

thanks Evie, message sent