Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

NeilHepworth
3: Seeker

I see lots of people having the same problem as me and just wondering how best to get the phone MCK/Defreeze code?

The problem arose when I transferred my S6 to my daughter who is not on Vodafone, when we entered her SIM it requested a SIM network pin, not knowing what this was I tried various pins and eventually managed to lock that dialog and now get

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Eventually figured out that the original prompt was for a network unlock code but too late as phone know locked and needs what prompt calls "SIM network PUK" which is very unfortunate as each time you phone customer services they either

1. Suggest you enter the NUC - which you cant because that option is now blocked by the earlier mistakes.
  2. Tell me to contact the SIM provider as the SIM is blocked and needs a PUK to unlock it - which isnt true as SIM works fine in other phones - I have tried and it doesnt work - suspect just poor terminology  by Samsung would have been better not to request SIM network PUK when they really want the MCK/Defreeze/Master Control Key

Anyhow, now I know I need to enter the MCK/DEFREEZE code first and then enter the NUC.  But obtaining the MVK seems to be causing me and other posters problems.  What is the best way to do this, customer services told me to go to a shop (see this doesnt work for most people), contact customer services (dont know what the error is about), use nucresolutions (10 days and still waiting for their response),  only reliable way seem to be getting it unlocked by 3rd party provider but dont see why Vodafone cant sort quickly!

Any thoughts on who best to contact/phrasing to use to get them to supply this code?

Cheers

Neil

51 REPLIES 51

Hi, same issue with SIM network PIN block, can someone please help retrieve the MCK / refreeze/ master reset code

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd be happy to have a look into your unlock @Kash123 🙂 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

Dear All,

Please be prepare for another couple weeks waiting time with Vodafone Unlock Team!!!

I have exactly the same message on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and after number of chats with support I got direction to the Unlock Team.....3 weeks now and only what I got is...'your NUC is...' (exactly the same as pervously) or 'sorry to hear your frustration'. Nothing helpful unfortunatelly. I need the second code, but looks that Vodafone knew how to lock my phone, but not that helpful with unlocking.

I've been with them for 5 years and wanted stay, but after recent experiance I may change my mind.

I also visited Samsung support centre, however they said that only Vodafone can provide me 'second unlock pin'....so I am stuck. 

Regards,

Hi - Everyone who is having this issue, please read below:

I have managed to get to the bottom of this problem. You have to email the NUC resolutions team email address - Vodafone customer services / Web chat can provide you with this. 

You have to provide all your details including IMEI number, model of the phone etc. 

Explain that you have the NUC code already - but what you need is a MCK Code! My understanding is that they reached out to the manufacturer to get this code. 

After 12 days and various email exchanges (be aware that different people pick up the email each time you reply) they provided me with the correct MCK code - I used that to get past the "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" bit - then it only asked me "Enter SIM network unlock code" - it is at this point I entered the NUC code vodafone originally provided to me. 

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mt_everest - It’s not good to hear you’ve left us and the issues with getting the phone unlocked. If it isn't resolved, then we'd like to help. I'v sent a private message to you. Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details. 

@jspitak – We’ll escalate this to our Network Unlock team and help to get your Samsung unlocked.

Please get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi Vodane team,

I also need the MCK/Defreeze/Master Control Key code for my Samsung S8.

Could you please advise how to do so?

Thanks in advance 

Dear Forum Members,

I like to share with you rest of my "story". As I already was with Vodafone Unlock Team when I wrote my previous post, I did not follow moderator private message, which suggest me to contact Vodafone Unlock Team via e-mail provided.

After another 2 weeks Vodafone Unlock Team sent me e-mail that I need to contact Customer service. I did that, where my case was escalated as complain. After another 2 week I got the nice phone call, where I was told the "SIM network PIN block" is my phone PIN (which I did not had) or Samsung standard PIN which is 0000.

I've never got the answer why I needed to wait 10 weeks to get that?

Anyway, unfortunately the standard Samsung PIN did not work for me...but may work for you, so please try!

At that point I lost my patience and went to "phone repair shop" and got my phone unlocked in 24h for £34.00...hmm, I am really not sure what I should say to Vodafone now :Winking_smiley:

Wish you all the best with your unlocking

This is exactly the same as mine, i spoke on the telephone with the team, went to store as requested, filled in the form online as instructed... it didnt work so i then chatted online.... for hours and still it doesnt work ... it now says  "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" yet if i put my vodafone sim in, it works perfectly.

😞  Two months on and i'm still trying to get my phone unlocked

Kmc23w

Thanks Neil, the issue you had is exactly the same as mine albeit it was my own numerical dyslexia and ineptitude that saw me enter a perfectly good NUC incorrectly 3 times!!!

I must admit I thought I was going mad with the block terminology so I am grateful that you deciphered SIMnetworkPUK to actually mean the MCK. I was getting there but you clinched it.

I shall now ask Voda if they would be so kind to source the code for me, but really grateful for the pain curve you endured that has made my task easier, nice one.

Can one of the Voda mods contact me so I can start the process of getting the MCK for my phone, thanks in advance.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kmc23w I've responded to your other post.