Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Huawei 5g CPE Pro

Tb12-GOAT
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I recently purchased a 5g broadband mobile plan with Vodafone which comes with the Huawei 5g CPE Pro. 

I am spending a lot of time abroad and I would like to know if it was possible to unlock it to accept third-party phone SIM Card. I would like to use my home country phone sim card when I am there. I tried it, but it did not go through. My understanding (correct if I am wrong) is that the router is not currently unlocked. 

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tb12-GOAT 

You will need to follow this link to get your code: Network Unlock Code request form

selecting Vodafone data services.

Please also see this previous thread I answered last year.  The only thing that may be different will be the gateway code, this should be on the device.

If you have any problems completing the request, Customer Services or live chat will help.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-a-mobile-WiFi-device/td-p/2605338

When unlocked, you will need the correct APN settings for the other network.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS

Hi @Tb12-GOAT 

You will need to follow this link to get your code: Network Unlock Code request form

selecting Vodafone data services.

Please also see this previous thread I answered last year.  The only thing that may be different will be the gateway code, this should be on the device.

If you have any problems completing the request, Customer Services or live chat will help.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-a-mobile-WiFi-device/td-p/2605338

When unlocked, you will need the correct APN settings for the other network.

Hi, 

Many thanks for this clear and prompt reply, I will follow the instructions and let you know if it worked. 

Have a good day. 

Regards,

Hi,

I have the same problem, did you successfully unlock it,

Could you share your experience,

Many thanks,

Regards,

F

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @zf67546374, check out the links in @AnnS's message above for some help with this 🙂

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your reply,

I have tried all the methods above,

However, when I insert a Simcard from another company, the unlocking page is not displayed,

I repeated it many times, all with the same result.

This makes me very confused,

Kind

F

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @zf67546374 If the phone isn't showing the unlocking page when you pop a SIM from a different provider, it may already be unlocked. Are you able to connect to a network when using these SIM's? If not what error message do you see on the phone?

Screenshot (239).png

Thank you for your reply,
The fault is shown in the figure,

Registration failed

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for the screenshot here @zf67546374! When entering 192.168.8.1 in the address bar is this the page you see first or is there a prompt to enter your unlock code? Does restarting the device help with using your new SIM?

If you're still experiencing issues, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to request for an alternative NUC (Network Unlock Code) for you once we've completed security. Please be aware this can take up to 14 working days at the moment - once we receive this from the manufacturer we'll send an email over to you with the new code 👍