Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Topping up a Trakisave

BadActor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm struggling to top up my Trakisafe V-multi for the first time. I've registered it (and a separate Vodafone SIM) with the cloud and the Android App.
It needs £2 per month and doesn't want to play with the credit on the phone.

It asks for a "Voucher" number, and buying a Vodafone topup (£10) voucher, the V-app says that's invalid.

I went to the 191 helpline and tried negotiating with the robot. It eventually asked me for the Voucher number, and then added it to my phone, which was NOT what I wanted.

Happy to buy another voucher, but from where, and what should I ask for?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @BadActor 

You need a monthly subscription or a 24 month contract.  See here: Curve Tracker 

There is a link here to V by Vodafone support, you can chat with them or they will call you V by Vodafone Support 

Yes, I know I need a subscription, but the problem is the Smart App wouldn't let me set one up.  It asked for a "Voucher Number" and didn't accept a reugalr top-up voucher.

After an hour and a half on the chat (and later they phoned me back) we uninstalled and installed the app twice, and still kept banging into two problems:
(1) The App wouldn't accept the product ID (which was clearly visible on box and tracker) typed in. It asked for QR-scan of the box, but no QR code on the box. But finally did accept the QR code on the Tracker.

(2) Back at the subscription page, nothing worked until I saw a box for my email address and typing that in (while leaving the voucher code box empty) finally linked the Tracker and my phone's credit.
(Conclusion) The app should make it clearer that the two boxes for "Voucher Code" and "email address" are alternatives, rather than both required. Or they should let the support staff know his is a common problem.

But we still don't know why it didn't accept the voucher code (bought at sub-post-office, so not a fake).

And we are no closer to finding out what kind of voucher, if not a regular one, would be acceptable to the app.

Hi @BadActor, what Vodafone SIM Card have got, do you have a Smart SIM or a Data-Only Pay as you Go SIM Card? If you've got the Pay as you Go SIM, do you have this registered to the My Vodafone app or online account?