Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Dustydream
4: Newbie

So I had an esim on my iPhone. Wanted to move it to my new iPhone, so requested a new one in the app and it showed the QR code right away. Tried to scan it and keep getting the same message saying something the lines of unable to complete, try later. I’ve tried later and still nothing. It can take 24 hours and I’m still in this time, but originally it only took 2-3 minutes. I thought deleting my data plan from my initial iPhone would help... it didn’t. 

just to confirm you can’t currently transfer through iCloud. 

Im now just stuck without a physical sim or an esim. Have to wait the 24 hours to contact CS as it’s apparently still processing on my account. 

annoying that esim is supported but no one seems to know how to move it over to a new phone, even CS 😅

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

@Dustydream

Just enter the code manually. It worked for me 🙂

Which code do you mean ? 

@Simax can I just confirm that you’ve had two esim codes? One in the past then one more recently?

the first time I did it I could have entered the code as I got the pdf. I didn’t this time and only have the QR code the app generated. I’ll have to figure a way out to see what the code is from the QR code 😅

The QR code from the app isn’t working for me. When I used a QR reader I could see the code but it was the same code from the original esim. As a new esim hasn’t been issued I assume that’s why it isn’t working. Are we able to buy a Vodafone SIM card and switch back to a physical sim? 

I bought a PAYG sim yesterday and when trying to do a swap using the code on the sim it says it’s not a valid SIM card. I don’t know what else to do. 24 hours will have passed at lunch today and I’ll be back on to CS as they won’t help me until it’s been 24 hours. 

Just checked the original esim is the same as the QR code that the app generated like you said, so it seems you can’t generate new esim codes when you’ve already had one. 

That’s annoying, I want bother going to the shops to get a new sim then! 

I’ve got to wait until this evening before I can call again. Perhaps I should have come and looked on here before I did anything 😂

Me too 😂 I’ll let you know how I get on later

Just spoken to someone on the online chat and was told I might have to wait till Monday!!! 

Hopefully we can get things sorted before then 

Oh great 😂. I’m trying to get live chat and no advisers are available 😅