Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Complaints usually have advisors available. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/contact-us

It’s going to be quicker for me to port out. Amazing how apple makes products that delight and the telcos just have these botched half baked solutions. I’m giving it till 24 hours then I’ll cancel. Not waiting for them to raise tickets and sort it. I had same issue with Apple Watch and it took over a week to resolve.  I know it makes no impact to them if I leave but still feels like they shouldn’t be rewarded with 24 months of service for such a rubbish experience. 

This is defiantly giving me flashbacks of Apple Watch issues I think that took about 2 weeks to get sorted in the end! If they think I’m going to go without mobile service for 2 weeks they’ve got another thing coming. 

I’m currently chatting with them with about half hour until my 24 hours is up and they’re saying it always takes 2 to 24 hours 🙄 I couldn’t bother contacting them until the 24 hours is up as they do nothing. They’re also telling me they’re pushing the order through from their end, which I know means I can’t do anything leave me alone 😂😂

A SIM swap usually takes 24 hours to complete/fail. If it doesn’t go through after that time has lapsed you can go to a Vodafone store with photographic ID (Passport/Drivers License) and they’ll be able to process a new SIM swap. 

If you wait for support all they’re going to do is wait a bit and issue a new SIM.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

The QR code didn’t work for me either, but in the PDF that was sent in the email, it also has a SM-DP+ address and an activation code. Just enter those in the data plan fields on your new iPhone and you’re good to go! 😀

Pdf never sent. That’s the issue 

I haven't received an email, did you have an eSIM prior to getting this one?

@Simax. The problem is we already have an esim in say an iPhone 11, Vodafone don’t support transfer to a new iPhone. We want it on a new phone and requesting another sim swap does nothing but show you your existing QR code. We’ve not had a PDF to get the details from. This would be our second esim. Is that the same for you or was it your first esim. 

I say we as I’m assuming we’re all having this same issue? 

@dustydream have you got anywhere with your online chat?