main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Moving eSim to new iPhone

jamesshelford
3: Seeker

I just tried to activate visual voicemail... it didn’t work. Called customer services, they informed me that it has been pulled already for anyone who hasn’t activated it yet. Apparently they found issues and will turn back on within a week. Shoddy Vodafone service is starting to become the rule rather than the exception now. We have waited ten years for visual voicemail... what’s another week!

View more options
Evie

@Theakstone That's great to hear you are all set up 🤗 If you did need anything else don't hesitate to get in contact.

@jamesshelford I understand how frustrating this must be - but rest assured we will have you up and running with Visual Voicemail as soon as possible! Thank you for your ongoing patience with us, we really appreciate it

View more options
spdbrd88
2: Seeker

With the new iPhone 12 Pro Max launch on Friday, do we now know the official way to transfer an eSim from one iPhone to another iPhone?

Do we scan the old/original QR code we received that we've previously used OR do we fill in a sim swap form and hope the new QR code comes through within a few minutes? I'm not sure I want to be without my phone for over 48 hours again like a few weeks ago...

View more options
simax
13: Advanced Member

I just requested an e-sim sim swap. Was up and running within minutes.

View more options
spdbrd88

So you can't scan the old QR code, you need to request a sim swap, correct?

View more options
simax

I don’t know. Didn’t try the old one.

View more options
spdbrd88

Okay thank you! @Vodafone, what're the official steps for moving an eSim to another device? Can you confirm these are the steps you advise for transferring to a new device?

View more options
jamesshelford

I managed to move from one esim to another. My suggestion would be visit the link below > select the link under “Switch from a physical sim to an esim” (I know that’s not what you’re doing but trust me) > Login > under “What type of sim are you swapping to?” Select esim > follow the instructions and you will receive a new esim for your new device. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim

View more options
jamesshelford

PS rescanning your old QR code won’t work. 

View more options
spdbrd88

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. I was only hesitant doing a 'sim swap' because of what happened on iPhone launch a few weeks ago where the QR codes took 48 hours to come through leaving us all without any service. I'll try this on Friday and hope for the best! Thanks again!

View more options
Dustydream
4: Newbie

My new iPhone had to go for a repair. Some reason there was a scratch under the back glass. Could only see it in the sun or with a bright light. Never noticed it. I’m just n the middle of a sim swap again. I think the problem is going from esim to esim. Also think it goes into a queue for manual intervention. I’ve got a physical sim in the way, this is reduculousssss

View more options
Mark

It's great to see so many people are taking advantage of being able to use an eSIM and this journey is as simple and pain free as we hoped. To switch over to an eSIM, follow the simple steps laid out in our online guide, thanks to @jamesshelford for posting this earlier 👍 If you have any difficulties when doing this, please drop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to take a look and help get you switched over!

View more options
spdbrd88

I've just followed the instructions above and despite a QR code appearing on the website with a message saying 'Your eSim swap request for iOS device is complete', it wasn't valid. I'm now in the same position as a few weeks ago waiting for service.

They say up to 24hrs however last time it took over 48hrs. The time before it took less than a minute! Has anyone done an eSim swap today? Any bottlenecks in emailing the new code? I'd rather have service sooner rather than later...

View more options
Jfm96

Yep, new phone delivered at 10am and haven’t been able to use it. Didn't realise you couldn’t use the old esim QR as upgrade process never mentioned it. Sim swap went in at 11am and have had no service since and no sign of a QR code. 

View more options
spdbrd88

This happened a few weeks ago and truthfully I thought they'd have had a proper guide for eSim to eSim swaps. There's no clear guidance or instruction from Vodafone sadly.

View more options
garetbe
7: Helper

I'm having the same issue and haven't had use of my phone number all day.

I've gone to the website and diverted calls to my iPad SIM and put that in my old phone so that I can use data when I am walking the dog or at the shops. I've also not been able to transfer WhatsApp, banking apps or Apple Pay because I can't 2FA.

Called customer support a few times and they have been pretty unhelpful and told me I should call back tomorrow after 10 (which is when 24 hours will have elapsed) so that they can 'escalate and get someone to push the order through. Not sure why they can't escalate earlier when they know that the order will not complete but they're adamant that it will 'self resolve'

View more options
garetbe

Just called back and was told by someone that it needs to be 24 working hours not 24 hours. 

Am furious.

View more options
simax

24 working hours is a “fob-off”. How is that even defined? 

View more options
garetbe

The person after 15 minutes said I had changed what I was asking for i.e. wasn’t listening when I said eSIM three times. 

My order was placed yesterday at 11:21 and needs to be escalated once 24 hours has passed (which will take another 24 hours no doubt). 

Now they’re calling me back after 12:00 to ‘make sure’ because it could within the next few minutes. 

View more options
spdbrd88

This is the exact same issue I encountered a few weeks ago with the original iPhone 12 launch. One person said to follow Apple’s iCloud eSim transfer instructions, the other said to scan the old QR code and another said to switch to a physical sim to come back to eSim.

This is precisely why I posted on here earlier this week, and called Vodafone, to clarify the exact method of transferring from eSim to eSim before something like this would happen. No one seems to know. Working hours is nothing but a fob off quite frankly. Last time it took over 48 hours, let’s just hope it doesn’t take this long...

View more options