main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Moving eSim to new iPhone

garetbe
7: Helper

I’d have gone to a store and picked up a physical SIM but they’re closed at the moment.

I’m not holding my breath that it will be resolved before Monday or that I’ll get a call back.

View more options
spdbrd88
2: Seeker

It all went through on a Sunday afternoon last time for most people so the whole working hours thing isn’t quite true. Fingers crossed before Monday and Vodafone are on it.

View more options
garetbe

Lo and behold no call back after 12.

Called up again and had to explain myself yet again. A form has been submitted which will take 24 hours after which I will get a call back.

Place your bets if i actually get a call back. Been promised 3 so far.

View more options
spdbrd88

It’s a shambles. It’s approaching 24hrs for me too now and I can’t see the ‘promised’ maximum 24hrs being met. Anyone know how long a sim swap to a physical SIM card takes? I have a spare Vodafone nano sim I could use.

View more options
ss123

In a similar position here. Did esim to esim swap yesterday which came through via email pdf within minutes. Today I’m trying to swap again as my new iPhone is defective so being returned to Apple. Requested an esim a few hours ago and nothing received as yet. Got no service and I’ve told as others have to wait 24 hours...we’ll see whether that happens! Wish I stayed old school with a physical sim, so much less hassle...

View more options
garetbe

I asked if they could roll me back to an old physical SIM card and they said no. The eSIM replacement would cause both to fail. 

I assume that it’ll be the same for a new SIM card. 

View more options
spdbrd88

Any luck today with anyone?

View more options
Jfm96

Nothing here :Sad_face:

View more options
garetbe

Called up and spoke with the support team via the complaints number which just routes you to the regular team. /useful/

The lady I spoke with told me that the escalation to fix the stuck open order had been rejected and that she had done it again but this time time would only take a couple of hours.

She’s supposed to call me back but I won’t hold my breath that I’ll get the eSIM or that I’ll get the call back. 

I know that sometimes things go wrong but they could at least tell the truth, follow through on promises and complete call backs when they say they’re going to. 

View more options
ss123

Nothing still here 

View more options
still_no_esim

Still nothing here. I requested an e-sim swap on Friday, 24 hours later and nothing. Called on Saturday and told it would be another 24 hours and that the person would call me back within 24 hours either way. It's now Sunday and still no e-sim or call back. I've just called again and told it will be another 24-48 hours!  I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they would call me back within 24 hours!

It seems like Vodafones answer to everything is 24 hours.

I have absolutely no confidence that in 24 or 48 hours that I'll have an e-sim or even a call back. For now I've had to purchase a pay-as-you-go sim from o2 just so I can make phone calls. I can't get into any of my accounts that 2FA including my bank so thank you very much Vodafone. I won't be using you again. 

When I originally signed up to Vodafone and switch to an e-sim it was near instant. I can't understand why it is taking so long and why they keep on saying wait another 24 hours. Clearly something is not right and no one seems to care. 

View more options
spdbrd88

Finally got the QR code just before 2pm. Hope everyone else got it too!

View more options
garetbe

Not yet and no call back either 🤪

View more options
Jfm96

Just before 2PM i got mine 

View more options
garetbe

Finally got a call back and it looks like the CSA cancelled the order for the eSIM and placed it again for an eSIM in an Apple Watch in error which has of course failed. 

She’s told me that now there’s nothing that they can do and I’ll have to wait for a physical SIM card to be sent out. 

Absolutely p**s poor, I feel actual rage! 🤬

View more options
garetbe

Update: Managed to speak to a manager who was just as helpful as the last person. They’ve put a request through to re-activate the previous SIM but that will take 24 hours. What they couldn’t tell me is if they’re reactivating them previous eSIM or the physical one. Direct quote “Not an exact 24 hours, it could be more than 24 hours, it might be 24 hours”

Why they couldn’t do this 48 hours and 3 call backs ago I don’t know. This has been so painful to deal with and is nowhere near resolved.

The quality of the service has been completely lacking, advisers don’t know what they’re doing at all, the quality of voice/sound on calls has been terrible, people working from home can barely hear what you’re saying and is compounded by the language barrier.

Advisers bluster through repeating things which don’t make sense and fobbing you off for ‘24 hours’ every time you speak with someone.

I’ve been assured It’s been ‘flagged’ as a complaint and someone will call me back

from the dedicated complaints team.

View more options
ss123

Hey all, by way of update, I’ve received my QR code email this morning and back up and running now. Good luck all, hope you get it resolved soon.

View more options
Tao367

Frankly, this is disgraceful.

I've been without service since Friday.

My bank sends me an SMS code to login on a new phone, I have been unable to receive this. Some of my bills are now late. Vodafone is directly responsible for my rent being late.

I've spent hours with the chat support team who have been absolutely useless.

I am going to demand compensation with this, this is unacceptable.

View more options
Mark

Hi all,

I'm sorry there's ben a delay in getting your eSIMs active. If you've followed our online instructions and still haven't been able to get activated, pop us a private message via Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy be able to help get you connected ASAP

View more options
spdbrd88

@Mark can we PLEASE make sure that there's proper guidance/a more robust system to handle this for future launches? It's not on that promises are made for service activation, yet people are without service for days with no real explanation as to what the issue is. For Apple users, it's imperative that iCloud is used to transfer eSims just like EE and most global operators do...

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210655

View more options