Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Good point, those who succeed in an eSIM swap probably won’t bother posting here.

It’d be great if you could let us know how this goes and if they manage to resolve the issue.

Will do @garetbe

I have now been pushed back to 48 hours and told that something will definitely happen in the next 24 hours although I am sceptical anything will happen. Apparently it takes 24 hours to cancel to process so I can’t switch to a physical sim either. 

You will just be disappointed. They just tell you the time limits. So they can push the ticket to another advisor when you call back in 24/48/72 hours time. Someone else’s problem. 

Pillar to post. There’s not even been a single comment from anyone a Vodafone in this thread. Likely because they don’t have a clue. Every person I’ve spoken to has given me a different time frame. I was told I couldn’t cancel the process as he had already sent it to the back office team. Another annoyance to add to it because he didn’t confirm that’s what he was doing. Just told me it was an option and he did it. 

My latest update... 24 hours came and went. I have submitted a request to cancel my sim transfer which I am told will be complete in another 24 to 48 hours. I will then visit a store to get a new physical sim. This whole process has been a joke. Previously I have been really impressed with Vodafone but I’ve lost a lot of faith during this process. Let’s hope a physical sim gets things back on track. 

I asked for the swap to be cancelled so I could go to a store and was told it was not possible to cancel. I think there must be some serious backend issue which no one knows how to solve. I’ve been told to wait a further 72 hours now which is just ridiculous. Strangely they can’t even issue a pac code to me either 

Cancellations would give me a pac but they have to send you a text and with no sim or esim then no pac, I I just said I’d wait 

Pretty sure they can still issue the PAC and give it to you over the phone... you usually get a follow up SMS with it as well. 

Just had SMS confirmation that my new phone will be delivered tomorrow between 10 and 11. I’m going to town, to the Vodafone store to get a replacement eSIM. The line I’m switching over is my work line so I can’t afford for it to be out of commission for any length of time.

Hilariously 50 hours later they sent me an esim via pdf. Too late I ported out an now have a contract with EE. If you can’t do the basic right (my view permission a SIM card is as core as it gets to running a phone company). Remember had same debacle with apple watch. Which took a week  to resolve. bye bye you won’t be missed VF.