Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

There is hope! If you’ve called and it’s been sent to the back office team and they tell you 48 hours, it may be 24 hours. 

Just had my esim and got it set up without issue. 

Same here, just had the eSIM come through and all setup. We got there finally!  

I have also just had my esim though. Hallelujah!

Sounds like there might have been a blockage in the eSIM pipe! Great news that you’re all starting to get them now though. 

I went in-store and was told I they need the device eSIM ID to switch or to call customer service tomorrow and they’d do it for me over the phone.

Told them I wasn’t really happy with that outcome so their in-store ‘eSIM expert’ said if I wanted a resolution now I could switch to a physical SIM and then when my phone arrived tomorrow switch back to an eSIM.

Now have a physical SIM card for 24 hours. 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so glad to hear that the majority of people here have been able to move over to eSim now! Given the interest in these, there has been a slight backlog with getting everybody moved over, but we're getting there now 😊 Thank you all for your patience here!

I have tried to swap the e-sim over from a iPhone 11 to a 12. I have had the e-Mail sating that “ we are working on your sim swap request”   I have been about 10 hours now without my phone  and waiting with bated breath for the e-Mail to arrive. We shall see tomorrow morning, but I am not over optimistic.  

Sorry to hear that the esim gremlin has struck again. 

Just been on to tech support, they said  “it could be up to another 24 hours”. If it is not sorted by then, surely I would be entitled to cancel my sim only contract without penalty.?

UPDATE. QR code just came through, e-sim set okay. As an added bonus have now got VVM as well. 

I just tried to activate visual voicemail... it didn’t work. Called customer services, they informed me that it has been pulled already for anyone who hasn’t activated it yet. Apparently they found issues and will turn back on within a week. Shoddy Vodafone service is starting to become the rule rather than the exception now. We have waited ten years for visual voicemail... what’s another week!