Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Theakstone That's great to hear you are all set up 🤗 If you did need anything else don't hesitate to get in contact.

@jamesshelford I understand how frustrating this must be - but rest assured we will have you up and running with Visual Voicemail as soon as possible! Thank you for your ongoing patience with us, we really appreciate it

With the new iPhone 12 Pro Max launch on Friday, do we now know the official way to transfer an eSim from one iPhone to another iPhone?

Do we scan the old/original QR code we received that we've previously used OR do we fill in a sim swap form and hope the new QR code comes through within a few minutes? I'm not sure I want to be without my phone for over 48 hours again like a few weeks ago...

simax
14: Advanced member

I just requested an e-sim sim swap. Was up and running within minutes.

So you can't scan the old QR code, you need to request a sim swap, correct?

simax

I don’t know. Didn’t try the old one.

Okay thank you! @Vodafone, what're the official steps for moving an eSim to another device? Can you confirm these are the steps you advise for transferring to a new device?

I managed to move from one esim to another. My suggestion would be visit the link below > select the link under “Switch from a physical sim to an esim” (I know that’s not what you’re doing but trust me) > Login > under “What type of sim are you swapping to?” Select esim > follow the instructions and you will receive a new esim for your new device. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim

PS rescanning your old QR code won’t work. 

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. I was only hesitant doing a 'sim swap' because of what happened on iPhone launch a few weeks ago where the QR codes took 48 hours to come through leaving us all without any service. I'll try this on Friday and hope for the best! Thanks again!

My new iPhone had to go for a repair. Some reason there was a scratch under the back glass. Could only see it in the sun or with a bright light. Never noticed it. I’m just n the middle of a sim swap again. I think the problem is going from esim to esim. Also think it goes into a queue for manual intervention. I’ve got a physical sim in the way, this is reduculousssss