Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of Blacklisting

phillipbentham
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had my iPhone 6s stolen last week in Paris. For insurance, I need a Proof of Blacklisting, but I am going in circles with Vodafone. One person said they would send it, and didn't. Another said they don't provide Proof of Blacklisting. Help please!

21 REPLIES 21

I waited three months last year. Now my phone has been stolen again, I'm going straight to raising a complaint

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Instead of following the Code of Practice link left on a post above, @sswain You would have a faster response and get the phone blacklisted a lot quicker by following the reply from @Amanda  above and speak directly to the Social Team who are part of Customer Relations.

I requested the block 2 months ago but Vodafone keep sending mixed messages. First they say they sent the email proof, next they say they can't send it, now they say my phone isn't blocked, it's a nightmare! And all this while I have no proper phone. If the phone was properly blacklisted when I requested it maybe the phone would have been handed in (as no use reselling a blacklisted phone) and I might have got it back

Same kind of issue.  I have spoken to 5 different agents and spent several hours on the phone without result. Also spent hours on chat help. Still have not received the Proof of Blacklisting that the insurance is demanding. It is now 3 weeks since I reported the phone stolen. Don't know any more what to do. Does anyone know the complaints procedure as I cannot find it on my accounts webpage?

I have had the same Issue for over 2 weeks! Very fustrating, just getting the same response each time. Help !!

@taralfg wrote:

I have been having such a nightmare with this too.  My phone was stolen and need proof that I blocked it to claim it on my insurance.  I requested the block 2 months ago but Vodafone keep sending mixed messages. First they say they sent the email proof, next they say they can't send it, now they say my phone isn't blocked, it's a nightmare! And all this while I have no proper phone. If the phone was properly blacklisted when I requested it maybe the phone would have been handed in (as no use reselling a blacklisted phone) and I might have got it back. Very frustrated and dissappointed in Vodafone. Anyone else had to go through this process to claim their phone on insurance?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Toy246 - I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Please come and have a chat with my team over on social media so we can see what's happening with your request. 

same. I have the same problem. I have spoken to 5 different agents and spent several hours on the phone. Ive tried chat help several times. S till have not received the Proof of Blacklisting that the insurance is demanding. It is now 3 weeks since I reported the phone stolen. Dont know any more what to do. Is there a complaints department?

ACE371
1: Seeker

This is getting ridiculous. I am also in a similar boat and have been on live chat three times and filled the form in myself yet I still have not recieved any proof of barring. It really is concerning to see that this is such a common issue amongst Vodafone customers. After this ordeal is sorted I will definitely be reconsidering my call provider. If anybody has any other ideas as to how I can resolve this situation it would be much appreciated! 

BandOfBrothers

If this was my situation I'd consider using the complaints procedure if all other avenues had been exhausted @ACE371 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ACE371 I'm disappointed to hear you've had a problem requesting your proof of blacklisting. I'm sure we can get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be in touch 😊