Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Ive unpaired and re-paired mine twice and still no data connection so I guess its ring 191 tomorrow again and see what is happening it is a tad frustrating !

Rob

Hope you have better luck than me , I’ve rung 191 dozens of times and each time they try something then say give it 24 hours then had some 48 hours then a 5 days now told me to give it 8 days so in meantime I’ve had a new watch 4 weeks without data working and now they said they’ll call me tomorrow..won’t hold my breath 

I could have still been waiting for my apple watch I cancelled my order from vodafone and got it from curry's Pc world instead as they had the stock and it was with me the next day. So Im greatful I received it before Christmas Im sure we will get there in the end - we can only hope.

My issue maybe that I have to wait for the previous apple watch order to physically cancel on their system before the link to One Connectivity goes live.

Sorry to hear about your issues 

Regards

Rob

When I ordered mine from Vodafone a space grey I waited 3 weeks for it to arrive and was sent rose gold by mistake so they told me to cancel and reorder which I did but the space grey one took 4 weeks to arrive and now I have had it nearly 4 weeks and they still can’t get it to work which in total is 13 weeks but getting to the point when I last contacted Vodafone ( yesterday) they asked me which watch I was having the problem with ? The rose gold was still on my account also so make sure yours is not 

Thanks for replying 

Just off the phone with them after adding my watch from Apple to my Sim only Voda contract, same as you it is now recognising vodafone uk as the plan but just a constant wating spinning next to it.

Guy on the phone did say to leave it until after midnight as that is when it'll apparently appear on my account, i have my doubts but i'll wait until morning.

Had the same when I was on the phone to them earlier! Got advised to read a guide the first time (which i has already done) second time she was clearly very confused and didn’t know what to suggest 

they have told me to go into store but I’ll wait until the morning too 

So none of you guys have had it ask you to log in and subscribe to a new £5 per month onenumber subscription?

Nope, I’ve not! 

They asked me to try that over over the phone but there was nowhere to physically do it

They asked that on the phone when they were adding it and as I got the watch from apple I expected that. First 6 months are free anyway.