Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Since I have enabled the Apple Watch. (No idea if working) had to do this over phone. My 4g has stopped working. 

Anyone else had 4g issues?

@nathanp wrote:

Since I have enabled the Apple Watch. (No idea if working) had to do this over phone. My 4g has stopped working. 

Anyone else had 4g issues?

Not had any 4G issues ... no more than normal anyway

My 4G had gone for a little while but it has come back.

Vodafone said it's because the order is still "open" and hasn't been completed yet. She filled in a form to get it pushed through however it can take up to 24 hours, so let's see what happens but I knew I would have an issue with Vodafone again! Very disappointed.

I’ve had a similar issue, get to the mobile data page, press setup mobile data, login to my Vodafone account and I get an error saying I can’t use this plan with Vodafone one number. 

Spoken to countless advisors on the phone who just keep telling me to unpair and repair to no avail. Went into store and they just handed me a phone and told me to call CS! 😳 

anyway the last advisor I spoke to told me to wait until tomorrow and he’d give me a call back at some point. 

Typical! I won’t bother going into store then, like they told me to! 

I didnt bother in the first place because they’re always useless in store!

The technical team have been useless too! One admitted that they’d gotten no training and didn’t have a clue how to deal with these problems 

It’s no wonder it’s free for 6 months - that’s how long it’ll probably take them to understand how to fix it !

Posted under “pay monthly” :

Apple Watch 4 is brilliant. As is IPhone Xsmax

if you keep the two together all works fine

However, try using the watch on its own, using cellular, then this is where your problems will start.

Apple have designed wonderful tools,why can’t Vodaphone get them to work ?

Not one of the telephone advisors for Vodaphone, nor Vodaphone store employees has any idea about how to set up the Apple Watch series 4 to run off cellular.

Instead of coming clean, admitting they have no useful training, I was met with one fob off after another.

Examples.

“We will send a code through the post to activate the cellular watch” - nonsense ! Wait a week and find no “scratch off” card has arrived ! 

“You will have to back to the store to correct wrong inputting”. Why ?

So I go to the store ( 2nd time), staff have no idea what to do. They get onto the “chat line”, and tell me I must wait to sort it out ! Why ? 

I leave telling them to phone phone me on my mobile. I wait. Same story. They have now sent an “internal” message to another department and this will take another 72hrs ( but only when Monday comes as nobody from that dept works weekends !

My interpretation of all this is the staff have had no training.

This I can understand. But fobbing customers off with things like a ‘scratch card” in the post, or “you will have to go the store” is not acceptable.

Got the exact same issue. Spoke to about four different people and have had four different excuses. It’s a joke.

Well I’ve been waiting over 24hours now for my watch to connect, I was told originally it was down to the order being open and it would sort itself out at midnight. Nah didn’t happen rang this morning to be told that it looks like a stuck open order been passed to technical now for urgent fix should be sorted this morning, they will call me back when done not holding much hope this should have been sorted a week ago when we all ordered and should be seemless,

They did say you will be compensated though doubt that will happen why launch something that you can’t get working is it that difficult.