Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

If u were an existing customer before buying the watch then u don’t matter. 

They have now lost my, my wife’s and my daughters account. Still a very small drop in the ocean to all the accounts they have. Nevertheless, 3 accounts lost which was avoidable...

I have had a result today. 

Following acal, to VF191, I was told that I will need to return to the store I purchased from to get them to sort the issue, as one number was ‘on hold and nor correctly set up. So I considered cancelling my Watch contract, although as I would have to go to the shop to cancel, decided to give them a final try.

today, I got an ‘updated settings’ text to my phone, and my watch app, and the watch itself, are indicating a cellular connection.

i have called using my watch with Wi-fi switched off, and the phone switched off, and it worked without issue.

This implies that it is possible in some circumstances that VF can indeed send carrier settings to sort out the issue which I had.

I can’t say that anyone else’s issues could be sorted the same way, but it’s worthwhile mentioning it of you do talk to VF.

I should thank VF for finally ending my frustration.

Chistery I have tested text messages on both numbers and your right regular texts don’t come through... not sure if this is a as designed operation... or not?

Well the incompetence of Vodafone is a whole other level.... On Friday the 21st I called up to add the esim to my Apple watch S3, I was told that this was not an issue and I provided the EID as requested, was told it should be working within the next 10mins but could be up to 24hrs. 24hrs later it’s still not working, so I did an unpair and pair as some people have found this resolves the issues, that made no difference at all. I even setup the watch as new and did do a restore. Called Vodafone again to check all was ok, spoke to a very helpful lady that advised that see can see the esim is enable but no device has registered yet she suggested restarting the phone and watch, I advised the steps that I had already taken, she left me on hold for some time whist checking with the tech team, when she came back she advised that they had suggested exactly what I had already done, and that they had checked the account over and all looked fine. They would escalate the call to their servicedesk for a resolution and that I would expect a call back. After reading these forums today seeing the number of people being told they are on the wrong contract I decided just to double check with Vodafone again via online chat, this time I was told that my current contract was not compatible and advised to call 191 to resolve this. So, calling for the 3rd time and speaking yet again to another person, this time I was told my current contract won’t work with the apple watch and that I will need to upgrade to a new contract that would be £13pm extra on top of the £5pm for the esim. I asked if this was the case why have the other advisors not made me aware of this or noticed that this would be an issue, they could not answer and just asked if I was happy to upgrade, of course I have refused as on the Friday I agreed the contract and now they are the ones unable to fulfil this on the terms agreed. I asked for my PAC code as have had enough of there incompetence when passed to the team that deals with these requests they advised they can escalate the issue and that all calls will be listened to, they will then be able to offer a resolution to the current issue. So now I have to wait 72hrs for a response.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

MikeBuzz, what does the eligibility checker say?

Says to call 191 to complete some aditional steps

i have a 2nd number setup on my account and calling this number my iphone rings and so does the watch, but of course neither ring if phone is off

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jeffacus@ttt0mm Thanks for letting us know you've got in touch via the details in the private message we sent you 😊 You should've received an automated response in your email inbox, with a reference number which looks something like this [#12345678]. Could you please check this and let us know your references? Please also check your spam/junk inbox in case the automated reply was directed there. 

@Splloyd94@sorinc03 Have you been able to complete the online form via the private message?  This will allow you to send your details to us, so we can contact you directly. If so, please let us know your reference number as mentioned above and we'll get someone to pick this up 👍

@MikeBuzz It's really disappointing to hear about the experience you've had getting everything set up and I'm sorry for the frustration caused. So we can take a closer look into everything that's happened and ensure this gets sorted, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team 😊

Hi @colleen. 

Its here. 19589207

Cheers

jeff

@colleen I have gotten in touch through the link you sent reference #19588774